Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Apr 30, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #61 of 86
I can' t believe we are down to a week away. Beautiful weather is forecasted.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
I think the menu is fairly well set of what i'll be making: Brisket, Pulled Pork, Bread. And then Pizza for dinner time.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #62 of 86
Weather forecast for next weekend right now is calling for a beautiful day. Should be a really good day for a get together.

At this point, its possible that I'll be able to convince two to ride along, both previous visitors, Scott and Lawrence. Also an audio friend that lives on the east side of the Nashville area, John, hopes to also come over. The visitors from the Nashville direction always have seemed less than I'd expect.

Hope everyone is safe coming in and we have a really superb day of the get together and audio fun! Look forward to it!

CJ

Apr 24, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #63 of 86
Excellent. This meet might could easily become my largest attended meet.

I expected more folks from Nashville also. I'm not part of any Nashville audio groups (i don't even know of any). We have 1 hifi store that i've been in once, it was Macintosh and Wilson heavy. I should probably make a point of seeing it one of these times i'm back in town.

Apr 25, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #64 of 86
Working on getting a pair of ZMF Atriums for the meet but might be too short on time so fingers crossed.

Apr 25, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #65 of 86
Have shipping conformation so we will have the new ZMF Atriums at the meet.

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #66 of 86
@buke9 that's awesome, I heard them briefly this weekend and they sounded good.

I'm getting stuff dropped off now, so HeadAmp will have the following:

DACS:
  • Bricasti Design M3H Direct Stream DAC w/Network
    • Linn CD-T Source + Qobuz Streaming available
  • Mytek Liberty Dac II
    • iFi Audio ZEN Stream Source with Qobuz Streaming
AMPS:
  • HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
    • With Philips XF4 EL34 Upgrade Tubes
  • RAAL-requisite VM-1a
  • RAAL-requisite PDT-1a
  • Sonnare "Emotion" DHT Tube Amp
  • HeadAmp GS-X MK2
  • HeadAmp GS-X Mini
Portables:
  • EarMen Angel DAC Amp
Headphones:
  • Audeze
    • CRBN Electrostatic
    • LCD 5
    • LCD XC
  • Hifiman
    • Susvara
    • HE R10P
  • RAAL-requisite
    • SR1a
  • Sennheiser
    • HD 800S
    • HD 660S
  • Meze
    • Empyrean
    • Elite
  • Stax
    • L700MK2
  • Focal
    • Celestee
  • Dan Clark Audio
    • Ether C
  • AKG
    • K1000

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #67 of 86
I can' t believe we are down to a week away. Beautiful weather is forecasted.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
I think the menu is fairly well set of what i'll be making: Brisket, Pulled Pork, Bread. And then Pizza for dinner time.
I spoke with @kilkil who has agreed to let me bring some Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon to be smoked!!

Going to bring a 12 year old OKI and a 24 year old Orphan Barrel Rhetoric ( one of my favorites after the OKI) and a few Cask strengths Angel Envy

I'll also be bringing a bottle of Lote Maestro Extra Anejo.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #68 of 86
A55D9471-B3EE-446A-98E7-DE6D7A814C03.jpeg

Just such nice weather had to give them a listen on the back patio pretty damn good.

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #69 of 86
I will be bringing:

Focal Clear OG -- now discontinued and replaced with the MG variant, which isn't as good, in my humble opinion.
Sennheiser HD800S
Sennheiser HD650 -- a vintage one from a bygone era of Sennheisers.
Sennheiser HD540 Reference Gold 600 Ohm -- early serial number, 600 Ohm variant. Also discontinued and from a bygone era of Sennheisers.
Aurorus Audio Borealis
Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 -- also discontinued, from a bygone era of Audio-Technica as well.

Linear Tube Audio Z10 -- comes with all new NOS stock tubes, which were pretty good. I tube rolled the preamp tubes and replaced them with some NOS RCA 12AU7s. Wow, what an improvement! I'm bidding on some NOS EL84s and ordered four more tubes to stick in here, but not all are here yet, so I'll just bring it with the slight tube rolling it has now. Still, in my opinion, it's a great change over stock. Can't wait to tube roll it further but sadly won't have it all together by the meet.

Feliks Euforia -- I have this one also heavily tube rolled with some Melz NOS 6SN7s (from 1956) and some NOS RCA industrial 6080s.

xDuoo TA-26 -- heavily tube rolled as well. Rolled with premium grade Shuguang Treasure Cv181-z tubes and a NOS RCA 6AS7G.

Schiit Vali 1 -- from a bygone era of Schiit audio as well. Discontinued and replaced with the Schiit Vali 2+, which many people claim isn't as nice as the original. It can be found used, though. I lucked out and found a practically brand new one.

I will also be bringing my Bricasti M3h w/ network streamer card. This model has two headphone inputs and can accommodate both single ended and balanced, although I highly suggest using the latter.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #70 of 86
I will be bringing:

Focal Clear OG -- now discontinued and replaced with the MG variant, which isn't as good, in my humble opinion.
Sennheiser HD800S
Sennheiser HD650 -- a vintage one from a bygone era of Sennheisers.
Sennheiser HD540 Reference Gold 600 Ohm -- early serial number, 600 Ohm variant. Also discontinued and from a bygone era of Sennheisers.
Aurorus Audio Borealis
Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 -- also discontinued, from a bygone era of Audio-Technica as well.
Beyerdynamic DT880 600 Ohm

Linear Tube Audio Z10 -- comes with all new NOS stock tubes, which were pretty good. I tube rolled the preamp tubes and replaced them with some NOS RCA 12AU7s. Wow, what an improvement! I'm bidding on some NOS EL84s and ordered four more tubes to stick in here, but not all are here yet, so I'll just bring it with the slight tube rolling it has now. Still, in my opinion, it's a great change over stock. Can't wait to tube roll it further but sadly won't have it all together by the meet.

Feliks Euforia -- I have this one also heavily tube rolled with some Melz NOS 6SN7s (from 1956) and some NOS RCA industrial 6080s.

xDuoo TA-26 -- heavily tube rolled as well. Rolled with premium grade Shuguang Treasure Cv181-z tubes and a NOS RCA 6AS7G.

Schiit Vali 1 -- from a bygone era of Schiit audio as well. Discontinued and replaced with the Schiit Vali 2+, which many people claim isn't as nice as the original. It can be found used, though. I lucked out and found a practically brand new one.

I will also be bringing my Bricasti M3h w/ network streamer card. This model has two headphone inputs and can accommodate both single ended and balanced, although I highly suggest using the latter.
Sweet . I have to say just loved the Clear OG from the Kenzie.

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #71 of 86
@buke9 , it is great that you are already enjoying the Atriums.

@Jeweltopia , kind of funny to see so many discontinued models. Though essentially all of my headphones are discontinued.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #72 of 86
@buke9 , it is great that you are already enjoying the Atgriums.

@Jeweltopia , kind of funny to see so many discontinued models. Though essentially all of my headphones are discontinued.

Discontinued models are fun to hunt and track down. Feels very satisfying when you find one in great condition for cheap.

I've also found that I rather enjoy discontinued vintage models a lot more than certain newer production models in much higher price brackets. I plan to hunt down an AKG K501 as well to add to my list because I liked yours so much.

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #73 of 86
The K501 is special. Good luck acquiring one.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #74 of 86
Discontinued models are fun to hunt and track down. Feels very satisfying when you find one in great condition for cheap.
Agreed!
In my opinion, those who own several discontinued headphones are either collectors or just old audiophiles... :wink:

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #75 of 86
A55D9471-B3EE-446A-98E7-DE6D7A814C03.jpeg
Just such nice weather had to give them a listen on the back patio pretty damn good.
Awesome!! Really wanted (and fears) to try out these new babies. I already have several zmf headphones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back