Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Apr 30, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #46 of 86
I’ll
@DelsFan

If you could come to the meet, that'd be lovely. I recently ordered a Feliks Euforia (it's in the mail now!) and it's been my dream amp for many years now. I used to have an entry-level Feliks tube amp -- the Espressivo MK II -- and it paired beautifully with my Bricasti M3h DAC. I sold it because I wanted Feliks' top of the line unit. I no longer have the Empyrean... I sold a lot in order to get my speaker system and DAC, haha. However, for years now, I've been hearing so many people sing the praises of the Euforia tube amp and the Empyrean. I no longer have it. I think that I never found that right magical combination for myself, but it's been a dream to hear it on my new tube amp. I have friends who personally keep shilling this combination as being a blissful one, so my expectations are high. :stuck_out_tongue:

That being said, even if you can't make it, I think an Empyrean Elite will be there, which will be close enough. I'd love for someone with a Utopia to show up (fingers crossed) because Focal allegedly also pairs well with the Euforia. However, no one at previous meets had a Utopia, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to hearing ZMF Verite on it, though, because that's also a praised combination. My collection is pretty sparse now. Abyss 1266 TC is gone, all my Focals are gone, and my Meze Empyrean is gone. Let's just say that I've become extremely picky about what I like and don't like. I'm looking to build my collection back up with a few models that I have my eye on and am contemplating pulling the trigger on later this year. So, I might have more with my by the time the next meet rolls around. I have two sweet tube amps, though, and a DAC that is the jewel of my collection. I'm perfectly content with my Sennies for now.
I’ll definitely bring my Verites but also curious as what you are contemplating on ?

Mar 19, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #48 of 86
@Makiah S might have a line to get a pair of those if he is coming.

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #49 of 86
@Makiah S might have a line to get a pair of those if he is coming.
mmhm, we've got one in stock and are waiting for more! It seems the wait time is a bit extended atm

Mar 21, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #50 of 86
mmhm, we've got one in stock and are waiting for more! It seems the wait time is a bit extended atm
Are you coming to the meet ?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #51 of 86
Any bourbon requests? Going to bring a 12 year old OKI and a 24 year old Orphan Barrel Rhetoric ( one of my favorites after the OKI) and a few Cask strengths Angel Envy ? Anything else?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #52 of 86
@buke9 They all sound excellent, especially the Orphan Barrel.

Apr 4, 2022 at 7:20 AM Post #53 of 86
@kilkil

I've been dreaming about your whiskey sours (with the egg and everything!) since you first made me one. It was so good that it's been a year now and I still want them on the regular. I've ordered them at restaurants but it's never been the same. As far as alcohol goes, if the ingredients to make a half decent whiskey sour are present, then I'll be forever grateful. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apr 4, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #55 of 86
@Jeweltopia Thanks, we definitely have everything for whiskey sours.

@vcoheda I fully agree, that I love the smaller meets, large meets are good to hear a wider variety of equipment, but its harder to just hang out and have fun.

Apr 4, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #56 of 86
@vcoheda I fully agree, that I love the smaller meets, large meets are good to hear a wider variety of equipment, but its harder to just hang out and have fun.
I agree! Case in point, during CanJam NYC (5-6 weeks ago) I ended up hanging out with 2 great guys (@NovaFlyer and @buke9) both during CanJam hours and after CanJam. So you could almost say we had a small meet within the much larger CanJam meet. My time spent with these guys made CanJam a much better experience for me!
I can only imagine the upcoming meet (wow, less than 4 weeks away...) would take it to a whole new level of fun! :beerchug:

Apr 5, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #58 of 86
Looking forward to the meet! Be good to see folks again. Wooo-Hooooo!!

CJ
Missed you at the last meet so will be good to see you again as well.

Apr 5, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #59 of 86
OK then the bourbon is set.

Apr 5, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #60 of 86
On the headphone front thinking Abyss AB-1266 OG,ZMF Verite open, Abyss Diana TC ,HiFiMan HE-6seV2, HiFiMan Edition XS , And amps Cavalli Liquid Carbon, Amps and Sound Kenzie , AudioGD Master 9 and maybe some others. I think this is a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back