LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
Mar 14, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #331 of 1,054
Yes it's a big seven with a headphone amp.
4 tubes to roll.
Recti
Driver
And out put tubes.
I have one and it is getting moded for me. I am abets tester for it.
It does all the b7 does even dsd 256
It's an amp stands alone too. And dac stand alone in one box
I tested it against event amp inown or borrowed about 12 It's better than any of them and rolls many tubes to tailor the sound for our liking.
It drives most all headphones fine except the hifiman he 6. It's clean and clear but not loud enough for me.

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #332 of 1,054
Yes it's a big seven with a headphone amp.
4 tubes to roll.
Recti
Driver
And out put tubes.
I have one and it is getting moded for me. I am abets tester for it.
It does all the b7 does even dsd 256
It's an amp stands alone too. And dac stand alone in one box
I tested it against event amp inown or borrowed about 12 It's better than any of them and rolls many tubes to tailor the sound for our liking.
It drives most all headphones fine except the hifiman he 6. It's clean and clear but not loud enough for me.

Hmmm. It might not be powerful enough for the Abyss then!

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #333 of 1,054
No its holiday be fine. It drives for that I have teased alone
Hd800
Hd650
Lcd3
Lcdx
Old Sony phones I have
And few others I cannot remeber he models for.
It has no output transformers and is so clean and clear
Really good

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #334 of 1,054
No its holiday be fine. It drives for that I have teased alone
Hd800
Hd650
Lcd3
Lcdx
Old Sony phones I have
And few others I cannot remeber he models for.
It has no output transformers and is so clean and clear
Really good

The Abyss needs more power than all of those cans. HE-6 is 83.5 dB, Abyss is 85 dB.

LCD-3 and HD800 are 102 dB.

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #335 of 1,054
You may be correct. When I get the head dac back. I am going to try even headphone I can get my hands on with it. For my own views. So no rumers just facts.
I did not know they needed that much power.
I also intend to try ciems I own. About 11 pairs to try.
Of you can wait a little if not get one
There is many good Amps for those cans out there.

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #336 of 1,054
You may be correct. When I get the head dac back. I am going to try even headphone I can get my hands on with it. For my own views. So no rumers just facts.
I did not know they needed that much power.
I also intend to try ciems I own. About 11 pairs to try.
Of you can wait a little if not get one
There is many good Amps for those cans out there.

I'll be testing the Big 7, Abyss and Moon 430HA next week. I have high expectations :¬)

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #340 of 1,054
2a3 is heavy but the rest are light
For be as the abyss is light uniques get a set of 300b
Thus should balance out the abyss a d give you bliss Hahhaaha

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #341 of 1,054
2a3 is heavy but the rest are light
For be as the abyss is light uniques get a set of 300b
Thus should balance out the abyss a d give you bliss Hahhaaha

Don't have any 300b's to test with unfortunately.

I've just A/B compared the Conductor DAC with the Aqua Scala II. Granted, both are going through the Conductor as the HP amp (still a good amp), but I can't tell a single difference between them. I'm listening critically, two sources playing the same song (file) at the same time (same player etc), and quickly switching between them. In a blind test I'd have no hope whatsoever.

I'm hoping the Conductor vs Lampi + 430 is a totally different experience. Actually, if it wasn't, I'd save a ton of cash. So perhaps I'm hoping I can't tell the difference :wink:

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #342 of 1,054
I also have Psvane WE101D-L, and those are amazing. Łukasz thinks those sound the best in his application.

Mar 14, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #343 of 1,054
Yes I have them and The real nos too. Mine are the metal base ps avane. They are Amazing but in some systems they are too analytical. For me.

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #344 of 1,054
Yoga if you cannot hear the difference in the tubes the system is not transparent. Going form one tube to another it's obvious
But the 6a3 and 101d are high details but different as the 101d is the most detailed of any tube I tried to date.
Post again your system chain and whAt tubes maybe I am missing something Also there is a SW on the back up is 45 and down is everything else
But 6A3 can be used both ways

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #345 of 1,054

Don't have any 300b's to test with unfortunately.

I've just A/B compared the Conductor DAC with the Aqua Scala II. Granted, both are going through the Conductor as the HP amp (still a good amp), but I can't tell a single difference between them. I'm listening critically, two sources playing the same song (file) at the same time (same player etc), and quickly switching between them. In a blind test I'd have no hope whatsoever.

I'm hoping the Conductor vs Lampi + 430 is a totally different experience. Actually, if it wasn't, I'd save a ton of cash. So perhaps I'm hoping I can't tell the difference :wink:

Going forward try to take the Conductor out the chain altogether.  Eliminate any possibility of the Conductor playing any roll in the sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back