LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
May 6, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #1,051 of 1,054
:thumbsup:@orrman

Which tubes does the unit come with stock? I’m guessing these are configured as right/left channel input/driver on one side and output opposite? Looks very cool! I’m working with an Atlantic TRP3 that I’ve had for just over 6 months now. The Poseidon was announced a couple of months after I received my dac. I haven’t heard one yet but there are many out there making the upgrade. Out of curiosity- how is the volume control working out with your Riviera?
This is from the manual:

IMG_3337.jpeg

You can run it single ended with half the tubes if you desire. I think I might do that later on, will make rolling easier.

I run Levante on 12 o'clock on its pot and then control volume with Poseidon. Out of 63 steps on its volume control my comfortable listening is between steps 28 and 42 so that's seems like a good balance between the two components.
With Poseidon on volume control bypass with my sensitive 96db speakers I barely have any room on the Riviera pot

May 8, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #1,052 of 1,054
Hey!
This is my first Lampizator DAC, I upgraded from a Rockna Wavedream Signature (and a Wavedream Edition before that).
I've had now a little over a month with the Poseidon, still getting to know it but I'd say it has finished its burn in period by now. Really enjoying the balance it has between engagging captivating sound and just gobs of details with a really holographic staging. It almost forces you to feel and hear everything like you're in the middle of a sphere of sound but it's never fatiguing.

I'm running stock tubes for now, will need to do plenty of catch up reading on different options and Poseidon tube rolling is quite a new thing afaik

These days I'm almost only listening through speakers but I definitely plan to try my chain out with different headphones.

Full system:
Speakers are Devore Fidelity O/96
Amp is Riviera Levante
Source is Antipodes K50
Cables are FTA Sinope for USB and Double Helix Chimera for interconnects and speakers cables.
Power cables are a mix and everything is plugged into a Audioquest Niagara 5000 and sitting on a quadraspire SVTL rack with Isoacoustics Gaia Titan Theis feet.

Improvement so far are definitely upped a notch in realism and timbre, probably a step back in transients attack and slam (all of this would make total sense for those familiar with what the Wavedream is strong at).

I'm super happy with it so far, it does get toasty but warma my heart with every listen too!

It's a beauty, congrats on the purchase. Somewhat similar to you, "slam" and visceral impact was really the only area that didn't improve over the MDave for me. Everything else was a clear step up, especially realism and openness. Bass impact has gotten slightly better with tube rolling but nothing really substantial. Still trying to land on my final set of tubes though.

Congrats!

May 8, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #1,053 of 1,054
Somewhat similar to you, "slam" and visceral impact was really the only area that didn't improve over the MDave for me. Everything else was a clear step up, especially realism and openness. Bass impact has gotten slightly better with tube rolling but nothing really substantial.
Just out of curiosity- does your Pacific have volume control? Are you using your dac with a preamp? Lastly- are you using Roon or HQ Player as your interface or something else? I have a friend who just purchased a Lampizator and also owns a Dave- trying to understand the similarities between your experience and his.

May 9, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #1,054 of 1,054
Just out of curiosity- does your Pacific have volume control? Are you using your dac with a preamp? Lastly- are you using Roon or HQ Player as your interface or something else? I have a friend who just purchased a Lampizator and also owns a Dave- trying to understand the similarities between your experience and his.

Has the volume control, no preamp, Phoenix reclocker directly to it, and then directly to my headphone amps (T2 and EC 300B). Roon and Tidal primarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back