Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
Jun 14, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #32 of 1,317
There is still so little Info available on the may :frowning2:

Sure it is the best measuring R2R DAC in history but what about Sound comparisons to spring 2, yggdrasil and Terminator etc. ?

Jun 15, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #34 of 1,317
I had a chance to compare the May L2 to the 6k PSAudio Direct Stream, things sounded quite close with my friends Ascend RAAL Towers, chain was DAC - > PSA BHK - > 2x Benchmark ABH2 -> Speakers , via Heddphones and PSAudio BHK Preamp , things were a bit more noticeable, the May was truer in tonality and textures, with the DS things seemed a bit more rounded, micro details seemed slightly glossed over, back to the May, the treble was better, it had a bit more naturalness in the vocals that made things more true to life, 4.3k vs 6k, get the May.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #35 of 1,317
I am afraid we are too many waiting for somebody else to pull the trigger.
Well at that price point I am not surprised.
Maybe it's simply soo good, that those who have it, quit the search and left head-fi

Jul 19, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #39 of 1,317
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the review of the Holo Spring May DAC in the latest (August) issue of Stereophile. Herb Reichert gave it a strong review, comparing it favorably to one of his favorites the Mytec Manhattan II and he generally preferred NOS over OS with PCM and seemed to like DSD the most, esp. with OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back