Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
Feb 24, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #16 of 1,317
Is it measured or only theoretically

Measured from website I found on google, but cannot put a link here so I took a screenshot

Untitled.jpg

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #23 of 1,317
Just get L2. May is already top of the line world standard performance at this level
L3 = silver cabling and stuff. meh.
Agree, the L2 is impressive in a way that is unusual!
KTE does NOT have silver transformers.
According to the website:
  • Hand selected modules
  • KTE exclusive Caps
  • Dac Module exclusive cover/shields
  • Silver wiring
  • Red Nano Fuse and many more mods/improvements
Nice but also significant more expensive.

Mar 28, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #27 of 1,317
Wow my plan was to either go for r7he or save up more for the dave. If the may is that better than the r7 i wonder how it stacks up to the dave.
I've had the R7HE too, but went back to the R7. Of course there was a difference and the R7HE is better, but not that much either. In addition, the HE was simply too large.
The difference between the R7HE and the MAY is bigger in my experience. But it also depends on which set you use the DAC.

According to Hans Beekhuyzen is the MAY a tad better then the R7HE : his review of the Audio-GD R7HE and his review of the Holo Audio MAY

I have no experience with the Dave

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #28 of 1,317
R7HE Better or worse. The May sounds incredibly clean and detailed. Simply put, I have never experienced this before. I know that Holo has been working on this for years and that they will only bring a product to the market when it is completely finished and fully tested in all facets.
The price is solid but this dac is really of unprecedented class. I cannot say otherwise.
Hans Beekhuyzen says he hasn't heard them side by side and thinks the May is better. Comparing is difficult if you don't actually put them side by side. In my opinion Hans responded politely to the question.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #29 of 1,317
The May has been out since December 2019. The published measurements were absolutely fabulous. I would have expected that by now the net would be flooded with enthusiastic reviews and reports. I wonder why this is not the case. I myself am seriously tempted.

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #30 of 1,317
The May has been out since December 2019. The published measurements were absolutely fabulous. I would have expected that by now the net would be flooded with enthusiastic reviews and reports. I wonder why this is not the case. I myself am seriously tempted.

I thought there'd be more owners by now as well, curious to read more impressions. There are a couple owners here though:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/58090-holo-audio-may-dac/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back