Camerton Audio Binom-ER — Flagship Isodynamic (planar-magnetic) Headphones
Apr 3, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #61 of 64
Silver body + Olive Alcantara combination is gorgeous, pictures don't do it proper justice (sometimes I wish I had better "eye" for taking pictures but oh well, one cannot be good at everything :D)! In CMA's review's thumbnail, the light makes Binom look silver rather than black and when I found out few months ago that only black version exists, I was a bit disappointed. But then Pierre (official distributor from France) mentioned that if I'm willing to wait few weeks, I might be able to get one of the first silver ones. And the choice was simple - I waited and finally got them a week ago. Striking aesthetics, definitely not stealthy as full black version, and (judging from my very limited time on them) great performance as well!
Binom-ER-silver-olive.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #62 of 64
Silver body + Olive Alcantara combination is gorgeous, pictures don't do it proper justice (sometimes I wish I had better "eye" for taking pictures but oh well, one cannot be good at everything :D)! In CMA's review's thumbnail, the light makes Binom look silver rather than black and when I found out few months ago that only black version exists, I was a bit disappointed. But then Pierre (official distributor from France) mentioned that if I'm willing to wait few weeks, I might be able to get one of the first silver ones. And the choice was simple - I waited and finally got them a week ago. Striking aesthetics, definitely not stealthy as full black version, and (judging from my very limited time on them) great performance as well!
Binom-ER-silver-olive.jpg
I like the first version better, it was more sleek. I liked the shine and unique look it had. However, those pads! Oh, my! Wish I had them :/ They look so comfy.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #63 of 64
I like the first version better, it was more sleek. I liked the shine and unique look it had. However, those pads! Oh, my! Wish I had them :/ They look so comfy.
The first working version of silver variant I've seen was with dark grey pads and I definitely prefer olive over that. Perhaps some lighter grey (something like in Focal Clear OG) might look better but all in all, decision to go with olive is not a bad one. If anything, it's quite a bit unique and I like that. That being said, I'm still thinking that I'd like to try leather pads at some point, on most of my headphones I strongly prefer leather pads over suede/cloth ones and I suspect I might with Binom ER as well. But must admit that suede pads are soooo nice to touch :)

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #64 of 64
Any news (price, availability) about the "upgrade" to the "2024 version" ? Apparently, owners of the "old" version will have the possibility to upgrade their headphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back