• I'm no longer able to make it

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #61 of 135
I'll be sure to bring the full compliment of ATOM modules for you to try. The RN6 is the first IEM I've really considered going CIEM on... they are excellent.
Thanks, looking forward to it! Will also bring my own tips; I also ask people to bring their own tips to try my IEMs! (I only have XS tips...)
Careful with this one. The sound of a universal and a custom can be radically different in my experience. I prefer the sound of the Neon universal over my custom. The same thing happened to me with the JH Layla and the Empire Ears Nemesis. The universal Layla was super detailed with punchy bass. The custom sounds muddy in comparison. The custom is warmer and a loss of detail.
Very true! I have a 64A N8 custom, but the "universal" just sounded like a nio (before nio was even out), but the N8 is much bassier.

FWIW I did actually ask FIR a week back about any tuning differences between Custom and Universal, and they said they aim for the same sound. But we really should ask some people that have the custom RN6 whom tried the universal to make sure it sounds similar!

Oct 9, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #63 of 135
@gc335 - which version of the Tungsten are you bringing? Single or double sided driver? Either way, excited to hear it.
The single for sure and possibly the double. Fingers crossed! It's VERY good. Love it.

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #64 of 135
This meet is going to be classic!

Bringing: HE-500, HE-5LE, MD-4XX; Box of LP's and CD's (well under discogs) cables (several types)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #65 of 135
This meet is going to be classic!

Bringing: HE-500, HE-5LE, MD-4XX; Box of LP's and CD's (well under discogs)
I know... I can't wait. So much good stuff.

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #66 of 135
Forgot to mention—I’ll be bringing my Nightjar Singularity! It’ll be really interesting to compare to other IEMs. Same deal: please bring your own tips since I exclusively use them with my Coreir tips which get gross pretty quickly.

I’ll be bringing my Esoteric A100 for sure after trying it with headphones; it’s hilariously a pretty fantastic headphone amp.

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #67 of 135
Forgot to mention—I’ll be bringing my Nightjar Singularity! It’ll be really interesting to compare to other IEMs. Same deal: please bring your own tips since I exclusively use them with my Coreir tips which get gross pretty quickly.

I’ll be bringing my Esoteric A100 for sure after trying it with headphones; it’s hilariously a pretty fantastic headphone amp.
Def bringing tips. Never heard of these. Looking forward to it.

Oct 10, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #68 of 135
Awesome! Really been wanting to hear Singularity.

I've got a rather unknown single DD IEM I'll be bringing - the 634ears 9iNE.

1696957544256.png

Handmade by a fellow from Japan. They're by no means the last word in detail retrieval or technicalities but are very analogue with warm, punchy bass. Curious to hear how it compares to Singularity. My guess is that it'll be a few tiers below in terms of bass level / impact and overall sound quality.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Oct 10, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #69 of 135
I'll be there, and this will be my first local meetup. I was going to attend the one this past January, but an illness in the family kept me away. Here's what I plan to bring:

Headphones: ZMF Auteur Classic, Sennheiser HD-6XX, Hifiman HE400i.
IEMs: Moondrop S8, Final Audio A4000.
DACs/amps: Chord Mojo 2 + Poly, Little Dot Mk. II (Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV and Mullard M8100 EF95 tubes, Sovtek 6H30EB power tubes), Aune X8 MagicDAC w/Sparkos Labs SS3602 op amp, Drop THX AAA 768, iFi Zen DAC.
DAP: Shanling M3s.

The Schiit gear will be a lot of fun to check out, and it will be my first hands-on with the brand. I'm also really looking forward to trying my ZMFs on some other OTL tube amps (he says, staring with naked desire at that Feliks Audio Echo). The amount of interesting gear people are bringing is just fantastic. This will be my first time getting to demo new gear outside the noisy Canjam environment, so I'm excited! I'll bring what I can for power strips and extension cords.

Feel free to say hi and welcome me to MA, as I'm moving on Monday the 23rd from central VT to Salem. "Keep firing, Massholes!"

Oct 11, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #70 of 135
My wife and I are moving to Providence, RI for a work assignment and will be there for a few months. Unfortunately, we won’t be there until October 23rd. Wish I could attend! Seems like a good amount of people and gear will be there.

As a side note, does anyone know of any hifi shops near Providence or Boston to demo headphones? I still haven’t heard Utopia, Caldera, Diana TC, and 1266TC and would love the chance to experience them.

Oct 11, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #71 of 135
My wife and I are moving to Providence, RI for a work assignment and will be there for a few months. Unfortunately, we won’t be there until October 23rd. Wish I could attend! Seems like a good amount of people and gear will be there.

As a side note, does anyone know of any hifi shops near Providence or Boston to demo headphones? I still haven’t heard Utopia, Caldera, Diana TC, and 1266TC and would love the chance to experience them.
There is not much around here. There is a shop in NH I think but don't think they have these. Keep in touch because we could always set up a meet on our own.

Oct 12, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #72 of 135
I'll be there, and this will be my first local meetup. I was going to attend the one this past January, but an illness in the family kept me away. Here's what I plan to bring:

Headphones: ZMF Auteur Classic, Sennheiser HD-6XX, Hifiman HE400i.
IEMs: Moondrop S8, Final Audio A4000.
DACs/amps: Chord Mojo 2 + Poly, Little Dot Mk. II (Voshkod 6ZH1P-EV and Mullard M8100 EF95 tubes, Sovtek 6H30EB power tubes), Aune X8 MagicDAC w/Sparkos Labs SS3602 op amp, Drop THX AAA 768, iFi Zen DAC.
DAP: Shanling M3s.

The Schiit gear will be a lot of fun to check out, and it will be my first hands-on with the brand. I'm also really looking forward to trying my ZMFs on some other OTL tube amps (he says, staring with naked desire at that Feliks Audio Echo). The amount of interesting gear people are bringing is just fantastic. This will be my first time getting to demo new gear outside the noisy Canjam environment, so I'm excited! I'll bring what I can for power strips and extension cords.

Feel free to say hi and welcome me to MA, as I'm moving on Monday the 23rd from central VT to Salem. "Keep firing, Massholes!"
Nice! Glad you can make it.

Oct 12, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #73 of 135
!!!!!!!!!We are about a week away! If you have not voted yet or need to update your vote, please do so as soon as possible. I'm putting together the food order. I don't want to have people not get food but I also don't want a ton extra. Thanks a lot and see you all soon!!!!!!

Oct 12, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #74 of 135
Schiit is sending a Lyr+ for me to raffle off!!!

Oct 12, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #75 of 135

It's pretty weak. Plan a trip to NYC for Audio46 - they have everything, but go on a weekday mid-day. I think Ct has 1 or 2. Mass has a high end shop in Waltham - Goodwin's and they will let you demo in peace, but, its very much not a focus for them and I'm not sure what they carry now, but it's liable to be pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back