ZMF HD6xx+ and Beyer+ Sub Pads - Now available!
Jul 29, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #136 of 146
Hi Guys! A few days ago, I got my first pair of ZMF pads for Sennheiser - the lambskin perforated ones - and I want to share my thoughts. I paired them with my HD 600 (new design, made in Ireland), and I gotta say... I'm amazed.

- overall feeling is more pleasing;
- bass became stronger and richer, much more realistic, and at the same time it's calm and relaxing;
- mids are not as much up front, shouty, and rough as before but still very detailed and energetic enough;
- the amount of treble is lower than on the original pads, highs are smoother but, what surprised me, are also clearer and more detailed;
- soundstage is wider and a bit deeper;
- imaging from left to right is more fluent than before;
- especially bass and wind instruments sound more holographic.

For: electric blues, blues rock, electric jazz, and hard rock, it fits extraordinarily well.

Now I'm thinking of getting the suede pads for my 6XXs. I've also always had a problem with Beyerdynamic highs and technical timbre, but maybe now DT 880 with the lambskin perforated will make sense? Did anyone try this combo?

Jul 29, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #137 of 146
Hi Guys! A few days ago, I got my first pair of ZMF pads for Sennheiser - the lambskin perforated ones - and I want to share my thoughts. I paired them with my HD 600 (new design, made in Ireland), and I gotta say... I'm amazed.

- bass became stronger and richer, much more realistic, and at the same time it's calm and relaxing;
- mids are not as much up front, shouty, and rough as before but still very detailed and energetic enough;
- the amount of treble is lower than on the original pads, highs are smoother but, what surprised me, are also clearer and more detailed;

For: electric blues, blues rock, electric jazz, and hard rock, it fits extraordinarily well.

Now I'm thinking of getting the suede pads for my 6XXs. I've also always had a problem with Beyerdynamic highs and technical timbre, but maybe now DT 880 with the lambskin perforated will make sense? Did anyone try this combo?
Both suede perforated pads for the 600 and the DT880 are excellent I have them for my 600 and my DT880.

Jul 29, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #138 of 146

Most definitely recommend the Suede pads for the 6XX/650's.

Jul 29, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #140 of 146

Just tried swapping the lambskin sub + pads from my 6XX to the 600, and you're right!! I'm gonna order another pair of the lambskins for my 600's. Don't know if I even want to try the suedes when I like the lambskins so much. That improvement in the bass clarity really surprised me. Thanks for the heads up!

Jul 29, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #141 of 146
Jul 30, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #143 of 146
+1
If you want to preserve the original signature and just want more comfort then there is no better option than the Suede pads. All other pads they change the signature and take out that magic IMO.

All right. In a week or two I'm gonna make a purchase. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #144 of 146
Now if only Zach can do the same pad magic on the Susvara and the HE1000V2.......

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #145 of 146
Guys, I followed your advice of getting the suede pads for HD 6XX, and I gotta say... thank you. I find them better than the originals, for sure. The mesurment that Zach did on YT shows quiete well what happend here and that also means that my impressions are different than what is shown and said in DMS's review. The bass got more focused, the quantity of it is lower than before. The midrange is not as forward, but still rich, and present in a way that I can fully enjoy it. Highs are for me biggest improvment with that change - ride, crash and hi-hat sound so lively, real, much more detailed & defind. 6XX become more analitycal but in a very pleasent way. The soundstage improved but just a little bit. With the addicional punch those headphones now fits to classic rock / hard rock, blues rock, even more than before. One thing I have to mantion at the end, I wrote a message to ZMF about the correct way of placeing the pads, and... I like it the other way round more. 600s and 6XXs both sound for me more coherent and tightend. On 600s (with the lambskin perforated ones) it reasults with little bit closer soundstage than the when pads are connected the way ZMF guys suggests, but It's not a problem for me. It's supriseingly wide still.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #146 of 146
Bumping this to see if any DT 1990 users have tried the ZMF pads…

Does the lip of the ZMF pad stay in the mounting groove/slot on the 1990 when installing it, or can the pad be folded over itself like Zach does in the video for other Beyerdynamic?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back