YoTank Imod case almost here
Jun 1, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #31 of 64
Awesome cases! I wish I bought one the first time, spent $50 on two cases and they both suck.
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #32 of 64
I want to have sometime clarified. Are these cases at the Dock opening ready for the "NEW" dock with the caps installed? Is this dock larger than the original ones? I don't know.

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #33 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to have sometime clarified. Are these cases at the Dock opening ready for the "NEW" dock with the caps installed? Is this dock larger than the original ones? I don't know.

by new dock you mean the new plug from ALO? if so then yes. The bottom port opening has been enlarged on the 4G photo iTank case. It will fit the ALO plugs and we will most likely switch our other cases over to the larger opening soon.

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #34 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by new dock you mean the new plug from ALO? if so then yes. The bottom port opening has been enlarged on the 4G photo iTank case. It will fit the ALO plugs and we will most likely switch our other cases over to the larger opening soon.

if youre one of the makers of that thing i dont want to argue with you, would be pointless/talking to a wall. We had a guy over at abi who thought this thing would save his zvm form absolutely anything, and it wont. And seriousely, the price, come on.

you should at leats make it clear that this does not protect against everything, as there are people stupid enough to believe so

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #35 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if youre one of the makers of that thing i dont want to argue with you, would be pointless/talking to a wall. We had a guy over at abi who thought this thing would save his zvm form absolutely anything, and it wont. And seriousely, the price, come on.

you should at leats make it clear that this does not protect against everything, as there are people stupid enough to believe so

You're a jackass!

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #36 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah i actually helped design it in matter of fact. and can you show me where it says exactly that it "protects against everything". But really if you have such a problem with it, take it up with me in a PM. Theres no need to clutter this thread with a bunch of drama. This was made to help people with questions and keep them informed on a product THEY asked for and want.

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #38 of 64
Quote:

Just to clarify: Some of us have 5.5g imods on their way to us, which would require the larger opening on the bottom. Any estimation on time for that one to be ready? BTW, I would also like the brushed silver.

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #39 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to clarify: Some of us have 5.5g imods on their way to us, which would require the larger opening on the bottom. Any estimation on time for that one to be ready? BTW, I would also like the brushed silver.

We can customize it right in house. Just let us know when you order that you have a 5.5G imod and we will make the port larger for you. Also tell us you want the brushed finish.

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #40 of 64
Quote:

The 4g iMod does not have Caps installed in the Dock. The 5g iMod has capacitors install in the docking plug so it may be larger. I do not know. That is my question. Is the Dock with the capacitors install larger and fit in the existing designs for this case?

Jun 2, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #41 of 64
I just want to point out, without causing any more of this silly arguing, that no matter how you look at it, short of encasing your portable audio device in 3 feet of foam, a nasty drop is a nasty drop. If you use a metal case, the outside is less likely to be marred and the actual casing of the player is less likely to take the impact in the form of cracks and scratches. There is however, no way to prevent internal damage to a delicate hard drive based player. The solution of course, would be not to drop it.

That being said, all the cases Yotank produces are really beautiful, and are definatly something I would put on my player. The price is simply an issue of you get what you pay for, and in this case, you get a specially made, technically great piece accessory that is made on a precise, expensive machine. Very well worth it, for those who would want to invest. I also think it's pretty cool they are making one to cater to those who use Imod, a minority of the ipod-using world.

I'm not trying to sit here and suck up, I just hate to see someone's rep be trashed and I think well of the product.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #44 of 64
Well YoTank has some sample cables from Ken. They have told me they will have to make the dock port slightly larger to accommodate the new IMod cables. Not a problem, and to just let them know when you order it that you're using it with Ken's new IMod docks cables. If you are getting black it will take a little longer because after they enlarge the dock port it will have to go back out to the anodizer.

Jun 2, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #45 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really would like to purchase one of the black anodized ones. Is there a skin to put over the wheel that would match the black case?

Thanks

I got a wheel cover through ifrogz.com and it took about two weeks to get to me, as it was custom artwork. And you get like 12 of the iPod size and Nano size covers with the custom order.
etysmile.gif
Check out the linked pics in my sig below if you want to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back