What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Sep 4, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #14,506 of 14,566
I went Bosendorfer shopping last weekend. I didn't buy anything, but I do want eventually to get a Bosendorfer Imperial. How to get a 9'6" piano into a 9' elevator cab with a 7'6" door is a geometric question I don't quite feel prepared to answer, but I'd prefer to avoid the crane if at all possible.

The living room would be ruined, but the sound would be sublime.

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #14,507 of 14,566
I went Bosendorfer shopping last weekend. I didn't buy anything, but I do want eventually to get a Bosendorfer Imperial. How to get a 9'6" piano into a 9' elevator cab with a 7'6" door is a geometric question I don't quite feel prepared to answer, but I'd prefer to avoid the crane if at all possible.

...and here I thought getting a 36" refrigerator through a 32" door was a nightmare... 🤣

Sep 4, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #14,508 of 14,566
I went Bosendorfer shopping last weekend. ...How to get a 9'6" piano into a 9' elevator cab with a 7'6" door is a geometric question I don't quite feel prepared to answer, ...
A kit? :wink:

Sep 30, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #14,511 of 14,566
First concert of the season -EsaPekka conducting Tchaikovsky violin concerto and alpine symphony!

Plus, half staff for Feinstein at city hall.
IMG_8863.jpeg
IMG_8862.jpeg

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #14,512 of 14,566
I am getting a bit of nervosa about never having owned the OG Yggdrasil. Am I missing something by having gotten LIM?

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #14,513 of 14,566
Nov 11, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #14,515 of 14,566

OMG, now that would be the epitome of piano lovers everywhere.
It's not possible to ruin a living room by adding a 9'6" piano in the middle of it. :)

Nov 11, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #14,516 of 14,566
I am getting a bit of nervosa about never having owned the OG Yggdrasil. Am I missing something by having gotten LIM?
Rest in the fact that Dave and Mike both think LIM is the best sounding version of Yggy -- even against MIB and OG. :wink:

Nov 11, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #14,518 of 14,566
Rest in the fact that Dave and Mike both think LIM is the best sounding version of Yggy -- even against MIB and OG. :wink:
I recall it being fairly strongly implied that, at the time the LIM and MIL versions were introduced, Dave & Mike preferred the LIM flavor over OG and MIL.

But MIB is new. I don't believe I have seen/heard anything on their preferences amongst the current YGGY flavors ... did I miss something?

Nov 11, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #14,519 of 14,566
At the MIB announcement, Jason wrote this:
Was it the best Yggy I’d heard? In some ways yes.
I consider it the best all-around Yggdrasil.
Mike still likes LIM. Dave still likes OG.
So, three people and three different opinions.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #14,520 of 14,566
I recall it being fairly strongly implied that, at the time the LIM and MIL versions were introduced, Dave & Mike preferred the LIM flavor over OG and MIL.

But MIB is new. I don't believe I have seen/heard anything on their preferences amongst the current YGGY flavors ... did I miss something?
I believe that in a post made by Jason after MIB was formally announced, he restated that LIM was Dave and Mike's favorite. Since it was an MIB-related post, I can only assume this was also including MIB. It's been quite a few posts since then and I've been out of town and checking periodically, so it's possible I mis-understood, but I'm like 90+% sure it was stated by Jason post-MIB as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back