Valhalla 2 QQ
Aug 10, 2022 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LunaticPandora

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I use the Sennheiser HD650s.

I am purchasing the Valhalla 2. On Schiit's website, I can choose between two different voltages for the amp: 115 and 230 VAC. Which one should I choose?

EDIT: Nevermind on this first question--I guess it only depends on where you live... Just saw the ? mouseover explaining 115 for USA... :)

Also, will I need premium audio cables for best sound quality? Silver plated?

Best,

Matt

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 6
I like the Snake Oil RCA interconnects that are available on the Schiit website. I had them pretty much the whole time I had my V2. They look good and I had no noise issues. Roll in a different power cable if you so desire, I would not go crazy if you don’t like the stock power cord for whatever reason. Once you are familiar with the V2 you may find some interest tube rolling the front two input tubes. Here’s the Valhalla tube rolling thread if interested.

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Its the perfect amp for the HD650. Enjoy.

Any RCA cables work, I like monoprice. Get some Russian tubes from the 60s or 70s, they really bring the Valhalla 2 to life.

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 6
I like the Snake Oil RCA interconnects that are available on the Schiit website. I had them pretty much the whole time I had my V2. They look good and I had no noise issues. Roll in a different power cable if you so desire, I would not go crazy if you don’t like the stock power cord for whatever reason. Once you are familiar with the V2 you may find some interest tube rolling the front two input tubes. Here’s the Valhalla tube rolling thread if interested.
Interesting. My only concern is that these old triodes contain some metal or element that is harmful to health.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Can you recommend anything specifically? Not to make you do all the leg work, just not really sure what I'm looking for exactly. Total noob here. Thanks.
Reflektor and Vokshod "rockets" are still available for a fair price. 6N1P, 6DJ8, 6922, E88CC, etc. Just get something made before the 80s.

6n6p for the power tubes are less important, but good to still get a few as those tubes will go out before the preamp tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back