May 21, 2011 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 135

juntom10

100+ Head-Fier
I was using an AKG headphone 172HD..

and I got Grado SR 80..

and..wow i love the sound alot...

sound is so tasty...i love it....

i really... like it..

so i ordered sr 60 for the portable usage..

and im about to buy sr 225...

wow..

GRADO headphone sounds so tasty...(im not sure about sound quality...but Sound that grado headphone makes is so tasty.....(i'd describe this way).....)

ahhh I am so happy LOL

I'm sure i will collect every single grado headphones...

May 22, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 135
Please describe the flavor this taste provides....

Also, I'm not surprised. I think AKGs are pretty fast quick headphones, overall. Grado is one of the few manufacturers that can compare to that. 

May 22, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 135
I quit headphone amps for Grados really. I used to just pair up an SR-80 with a headamp of equivalent price to run off various things, and now I just plug them straight into the soundhole of whatever I playing music out of and just rock out.

- Proud 60 (x2), 80i, and 225 owner.

In fact I'll take off the pair I'm wearing now just to take a picture!

May 22, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #10 of 135
It used to be semi-religious some years ago. But I'd say the geek's focus has severely moved away from Grado meanwhile, I bet they go through difficult times right now.

May 22, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #11 of 135
I'm pretty tempted to buy that J-money headband insisting that anybody might even see me with these things on lol

May 22, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #12 of 135

Quote:
It used to be semi-religious some years ago. But I'd say the geek's focus has severely moved away from Grado meanwhile, I bet they go through difficult times right now.

maybe they would sell more in Europe, if they'd get rid of those ridiculous prices here. One buys a T1 for the price of a RS1i here
blink.gif

May 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #14 of 135
they're supposed to be for jazz I think (I do like them with rock/metal though, but not too long)

May 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #15 of 135
In terms of taste....I can't really describe it. All i can say it is, lets say my AKG produces original flavour of food (classic, pop, ballad, jazz etc), Grado phones are more like they added some more sauce in it....

Also, I don't listen to metals...

Mostly I listen to jazz, fusion jazz, pop, ballad, dance musics.

Before i started using a pair of grado, people were saying grado is the best for metal music...

but after i tried myself, it does produce great sound for genres other than metal.

:)

I am also interested in Jmoney headband....those headband looks great....

I think I will get one for my grado soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back