TTVJ FET-A Desktop Headphone Amp
Jan 14, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #16 of 31
Hi,

The amp is a little behind schedule but it is moving forward now. I am currently in the middle of production on 10 units. They should be done soon - like in a few days. The ONLY part I am waiting for is the front and rear panels but they are due to arrive in a week or so.

Look for the first ones to start shipping in 10 days.

Todd

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by minimus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd,

Can you provide the dimensions (H x W x D) and the weight of the JFET-A? Also, does it come with a warranty?

Thanks,
minimus

In the first post it says three years.

Anyone care to chime in for an english explaination of a FET amp?

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FET = field effect transistor and is a pretty generic term.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can check it out on TTVJ.com, but here is the basic info from the product listing:

"The TTVJ Fet-A headphone amp is a slightly different take on the general-purpose desktop headphone amp. Instead of using opamps, it's circuitry consists of entirely single-ended, class-A discrete transistor circuitry. Precision, low-noise JFET transistors are used for voltage amplification, and power MOS transistors are used for the output stage. Bipolar transistors are used for biasing.

Since JFET transistors make very linear amplifiers, no overall feedback is used in the design - only local feedback around one stage to stabilize the gain. The result is excellent overload characteristics and unmeasurable high-order distortion products.

The single-ended power MOS output stage is DC-coupled to the headphones, providing low output impedance and a very flat frequency response. It is capable of driving any headphones, and can deliver up to 9V RMS into 100 ohms.

The result is a combination of the best characteristics of tube and solid-state circuits: very low noise, low distortion, wide frequency response, and low output impedance, along with the excellent overload response and, of course, excellent sound."

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #23 of 31
Hi All,

We have a 3 year warranty on the amp .

It measures 8"x5"x2". The length includes the RCA's and volume pot in the measurement.

The power supply is an ELPAC WM071-1950. It has a +/-15 volt output with .24 amps. I would guess that there is an equivalent 240v supply made. I wil look into that ans try to provide one for customers outside the USA.

Todd

Mar 15, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #25 of 31
I got to hear the FET amp for a while this afternoon at the Champaign meet in IL. It is a very nice sounding amp, and very small. Powered everything I tried very well, though it was a little bright for my taste with the Grados and Denons that I tried it with. The senns were fantastic though. The FET drove them with a lot of authority and there was no veil to speak of.

Apr 3, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI All,

We are now taking pre orders for our new desktop headphone amp - the TTVJ FET-A Headphone Amp. It will sell initially for $649 and be available in 4-6 weeks. It is on our website or you can call to order.

The TTVJ FET-A has both a mini and a 1/4" ouptut jack. It will take 2 inputs and has a line out too! The input switch is on the front panel to allow for ease in changing inputs. AND it sounds great!

It was designed by Pete Millett and we will back it with a 30 day money back guarantee and a 3 year warranty.

Todd

Looks to be a nice piece of electronics. How would you compare your amp, with Headrooms desktop amp. In its basic configuration, I believe the price is right around $699.99?

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #28 of 31
is the picture that is floating around correct, power switch up for off and down for on?

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #29 of 31
Hi,

Yes the switch is off up and on down. We found it sounded better that way
bigsmile_face.gif

Todd

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Yes the switch is off up and on down. We found it sounded better that way
bigsmile_face.gif

Todd

Priceless. And the dial goes to eleven as well I presume?
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back