The Trends Audio UD-10.1 Gets Me A Little Deeper Into Computer Audio
Oct 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1
http://www.trendsaudio.com/image/Product/UD-10_back_01s.JPGhttp://www.trendsaudio.com/image/Pro...10_back_01.JPG

[size=xx-small]Click photo above for a larger image.[/size]

[size=small]I have recently picked up a new product that is not portable-audio-related (boomana is probably smiling), but is related to another area I've found increasingly fun to experiment with, which is computer audio. (Actually, it was HeadRoom's Tyll Hertsens who was the first to demonstrate to me, during a visit to my office a couple of years ago, just how good computer audio can be, and who continues to push the envelope in this regard at HeadRoom.) I'm still a relative novice in this area, but am getting ever deeper into it. I'm sworn to confidentiality on one device I'm dying to see released that will almost certainly get me even more into it, and I can't wait until it's out (don't ask, I'm not telling, or even hinting). For now, I picked up a Trends UD-10.1 USB Audio Converter, which is a very affordable device that can be used as either a USB DAC, or--and it sounds much better this way, in my experience so far--as a device to output SPDIF from your computer's USB (complete with RCA, AES/EBU, BNC, and optical digital outputs), from which you can take that digital out and feed your favorite audiophile DAC (I'm still using a trusty MSB Gold Link III with MSB Power Base that I still absolutely love the sound of). The Trends/MSB combination has replaced my Firestone Audio Fubar II USB DAC at home in my main desktop rig (the Fubar II now being my office USB DAC). I'll offer more words about this really clever, affordable Trends Audio device in the forums after I spend more time with it, but being able to run my computer audio through that upsampling MSB DAC sounds awesome so far.

Now, getting back to portable audio (boomana may not be smiling so much anymore ): Earlier this week...(see next post)...[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back