The Official Fallout Thread
Mar 31, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 43

Quote:
Oh, I agree. Both deserve more attention. I'd kill for either one of those to be remade. FO2 is just one of my personal favorite games. I just feel it has more memorable moments and characters. Although I will say The Master would make for a visually disturbing encounter if done correctly. I'd also love to see the ideas from Van Buren brought to fruition. Sounds like they were pretty far into development before it was axed and the licence was sold. Damn, this thread reminded me of how much I love this series. I think I know what games I'll be playing over the next week. 

I would love to see how Caesar''s legion played out in Van Buren's version of Fallout 3. Reports have said it was to play a huge role.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 43
i just got fallout new vegas ultimate edition the other day and it's turning out to be one hard game unless i have put it on hardcore by mistake?

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #19 of 43

Quote:
For any of you who might be interested, Fallout is free on gog.com right now. Link.

It's over now sadly. I actually went to GOG a while ago to buy FO1 and 2 after losing my discs when we moved. Great company, great game and one hell of a giveaway.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #20 of 43

Quote:
It's over now sadly. I actually went to GOG a while ago to buy FO1 and 2 after losing my discs when we moved. Great company, great game and one hell of a giveaway.

Indeed. I flew there as soon as I saw EnOYiN's post and added it to my collection.

And replying to our martin's thanks, no, GOG isn't dodgy at all, they are doing a lot for older games that natively have compatibility issues with modern OSes, along with providing manuals, soundtracks and other bonus content. So it's definitely a site worth supporting.

Apr 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #21 of 43
i am finding fall out new vegas ultimate edition to be one hard game but i think i might have the game on hardcore and will have to start again from the beginning..even when i use vats against the death claws they still give me two chances slim and none..but saying that i am still glad i bought the game because i have never played any of the fallout games because they reminded me of bioshock which (i am probably on my own in saying this) i never liked..the lonesome road is the one i am playing now and it's turning out to be much better than what i expected but the difficulty level is spoiling it a bit..

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #23 of 43

Quote:
So, to keep this thread going, what is your favorite weapon in all of Fallout? Mine was the Nuka-grenades, it was fun to watch my enemies dance.

I'll take the simpler weapons over most. No matter which Fallout I'm playing, the standard 10mm has never failed me. I'm a sucker for a good pistol. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #24 of 43

Quote:
So, to keep this thread going, what is your favorite weapon in all of Fallout? Mine was the Nuka-grenades, it was fun to watch my enemies dance.

The moment I got the H&K P90c, the game (Fallout 2) was practically won. Very rarely have I seen such power in a SMG, doesn't guzzle ammo like there's no tomorrow and packs a serious punch, even more so if the SMG skill has a lot of points in it.

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #25 of 43
has anyone got any tips for fallout new vegas ultimate edition because i am going to start from the beginning again.. i think i have put the game on hardcore by mistake because i am getting killed so easy..any weapons tips would be appreciated thanks..

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #26 of 43
has anyone got any tips for fallout new vegas ultimate edition because i am going to start from the beginning again.. i think i have put the game on hardcore by mistake because i am getting killed so easy..any weapons tips would be appreciated thanks..

Try fighting at longer ranges and raise your sneak for criticals, also if you die too easily try raising you endurance, heavy armor works too. When close range is the only option, try using an SMG, anyone you can get your hands on, like the broken 9mm submachine gun in Doc Mitchel's house, or use a ripper or chainsaw, an charge, or vat's them, weapons like the ripper, chainsaw, and thermanic lance, do an insane amount of damage when used in vats.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #27 of 43

Quote:
Try fighting at longer ranges and raise your sneak for criticals, also if you die too easily try raising you endurance, heavy armor works too. When close range is the only option, try using an SMG, anyone you can get your hands on, like the broken 9mm submachine gun in Doc Mitchel's house, or use a ripper or chainsaw, an charge, or vat's them, weapons like the ripper, chainsaw, and thermanic lance, do an insane amount of damage when used in vats.

thanks for the tips i am going to start the game from the beginning again on normal now with my heavy armour and smg with sneak and endurance raised..fingers crossed it was on hardcore and not normally that difficult on normal..

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #28 of 43

Quote:
thanks for the tips i am going to start the game from the beginning again on normal now with my heavy armour and smg with sneak and endurance raised..fingers crossed it was on hardcore and not normally that difficult on normal..

I changed the difficulty level down to normal in game so i didn't have to restart the game but the death claws still got me i will have to avoid them next time! when you talk to chomp lewis in the game it stays on him and you can't move along.. is this a flaw or is this so you don't go that way?p.s i managed to dodge the death claws and are playing the honest hearts dlc now, not on the road by myself anymore which is a bonus! update.. all the people i were with are dead and now i am with a red indian..

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #29 of 43

Quote:

Snipers mainly. Bottlecap mines were good when fighting against deathclaws. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back