The nightmare of trading-in
Dec 20, 2022 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Quarzer

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I've a sad story to share with you. Here is a short history of my audiophile way, if you are interested.

But it is time to say goodbye to @TeamHiFiMAN. But what happened?

There were the great offer of HE1000 V2 open boxed for $1.900 and I ask if it would be possible to trade-in my Arya against that one. They say yes: for additional $700. After some nights of thinking I pulled the trigger. Only 1 or 2 days later I recognize that there is another great offer: HE1000 V2 Stealth.... Whooot? Another HEKSE? I asked again if I can get the new one instead of the V2 open box. Answer: Yes, for $146 more. That was a no-brainer and I was so excited to get these headphones.
Next step: Please send your Arya to our Poland-warehouse Hifiman was telling me, on MY charges. So I decided to buy a label with additional insurance (hopefully that will rescue me). So I send the Arya 2 weeks ago and it was received by them on 8th of December. On followed Tuesday I asked if they got my Arya. "No, not yet"

And still today nothing was received in Poland and Hifiman is not willing to send me the HEK anyway. They try to find the package, but hadn't any success yet. I opend a research case on DHL, and hope for the best.

Because Hifiman will wait until the case is closed to do anything for me, I asked today to cancel my order and ordered a Meze 109 pro in new condition.

Thats it Hifiman. Sorry, but I'm done with you. I really really want to have the HEK2VS, but you destroyed my anticipation.

Quarzer

Dec 20, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 28
Hi Quarzer,

what a sad story...

You already covered the shipping costs and the Arya is successfully delivered to the Hifiman Warehouse (i guess it is just a fulfillment service) and they just "lost" the package (just to be clear, the package was successfully delivered by DHL)? :scream:

@TeamHiFiMAN What is going on here? It seems that the customer is responsible in every case.

Best

Dec 20, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 28
Hi domiji,

exactly:
1671540290813.png

LOGISTYCNA 1 and M.W. Sp. u o.o seems to be same company after googleling :D
And BRAM is Polish and meens Gate

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 28
It seems entirely possible DHL delivered to the wrong address. I've had enough experience with shipping carrier mishaps that I'd hesitate to place full responsibility on HiFiMAN right away.

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #5 of 28
Sure, you can be right. But is it my fault that there is an issue regardless on which side? I'm only a small customer and both are big companies compared to myself. Now I'm sitting in between and have no money on the one and no headphone on the other side. A good customer service should handle some rare problems in another way. Just my opinion.

After I asked several times, what will happen, when the Arya keep lost, they just answered: We don't know, have to ask my management, if that happen. So even if the Arya is lost, I still do not know what Hifiman will do.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #6 of 28
Sure, you can be right. But is it my fault that there is an issue regardless on which side? I'm only a small customer and both are big companies compared to myself. Now I'm sitting in between and have no money on the one and no headphone on the other side. A good customer service should handle some rare problems in another way. Just my opinion.

After I asked several times, what will happen, when the Arya keep lost, they just answered: We don't know, have to ask my management, if that happen. So even if the Arya is lost, I still do not know what Hifiman will do.

I'm not saying it's a fair situation to you, but I also don't think it's a reasonable expectation that HiFiMAN should honor the deal even without receiving the Arya. Be mad at DHL, if anyone.

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 28
Why should I be mad at DHL? Nobody knows who made the mistake. The DHL tracking is saying that they delivered successfully and Hifiman can't tell me if or if not somebody received the package. I'm mad at both companies and I'm sad to not get at least an answer what Hifiman will do, if the Arya will never be found.

But let's see and wait, maybe a miracle will happen, but still than I've ordered the Meze.

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #8 of 28
Maybe DHL is to blame (maybe not, if Hifiman cannot find the Ayra in their warehouse), but in any case Hifiman should discuss this with DHL and not the customer.
If Hifiman offers a trade-in deal, then I expect that they take responsibility for the shipment of the Arya to them (if the customer can prove that shipment was correct on their side). If they do not want to take this responsibilty, they should not offer such a deal.

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #9 of 28
Maybe DHL is to blame (maybe not, if Hifiman cannot find the Ayra in their warehouse), but in any case Hifiman should discuss this with DHL and not the customer.
If Hifiman offers a trade-in deal, then I expect that they take responsibility for the shipment of the Arya to them (if the customer can prove that shipment was correct on their side). If they do not want to take this responsibilty, they should not offer such a deal.
I couldn't agree more!

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 28
If you had insurance on the package, gotta work to get reimbursed if they lost it.

Can't sit back and pout without making calls and following up with DHL then blame hifiman if it was delivered to the wrong address.

Sometimes things get lost or misdelivered, thats why you purchased insurance. If you don't follow up this is all on you.

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #11 of 28
I think this thread may be showing a bit of cultural differences. Two people from America (US, probably) are espousing some level of personal responsibility, the other members from EU believe HiFiMAN should take care of everything.

I do agree there's no way to tell yet who is at fault, but again, believing that regardless HiFiMAN is responsible for the shipping is also incorrect. They didn't pay for or arrange the shipping, they made you do it. That alone may be something to find fault in, but unfortunately by doing that they made you the responsible party.

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #13 of 28
The package was delivered to the correct adress:

1671547200868.png
Then he needs follow up with DHL. He had insurance on it so he needs to file a claim at this point since hifiman states they didn't receive it.

Need to go through the steps to find out what happened and get your money or headphones back. Coming to the forums to complain it about it first does nothing for you.

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #14 of 28
I still opened a Research case at DHL, but this will take weeks or months.

What I didn't like about Hifiman, that they never told me what will happen if the Arya will never appear. I asked that often.

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #15 of 28
The customer is fully responsible for everything in that case. I would accept that if this is a transaction between two private citizens but not in a transaction with a company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back