The iBasso Dongle DAC Thread – DC03 Pro | DC04 Pro | DC06 Pro | DC Elite | ...
May 1, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #1,051 of 1,146
Did you install the UAC App from the iBasso site (the Play Store one is hopelessly outdated)? When I'm correct this Amp is based on a Cirrus DAC.

Is there an amp option with "class A-B" and "class H"? Try "Class A-B" when possible.

Otherwise try a DC06pro (ESS based) which is very battery friendly but has beefy 320mW @ 32 Ohms at 4.4 mm.

I use this Amp with my Galaxy S23 and MP145 planar IEMs (I also had problems with the KA5 - a cirrus based Amp) and have absolute zero probs ^^
Yes, I updated uac app, but it did not help. I do not see amp options - are they in the app?
I'm considering dc06pro, but not sure how I will like Sabre sound, have not so great previous experience.

May 1, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #1,053 of 1,146
@Kulgrinda

Not all versions of UAC work with all iBasso dongles. Version 1.5.9 is good for the DC04PRO while 1.6.8 works with the DC06PRO and DC-Elite. Having said that, to remove any doubts, it would be best to completely uninstall UAC (any version) and try using the DC-04PRO with UAPP without other apps interfering. In this way it should work like any other dongle, but if it doesn't work the problem is not related to the DC04PRO but to the use of UAPP with the mobile phone and therefore it would occur again with any dongle. You can try emailing the UAPP developers and asking if there are any known problems using their application when using your specific phone. The fact, then, that the DC04PRO works smoothly with your tablet is proof of the fact that it is not the cause of the malfunction.

May 1, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #1,054 of 1,146
@Kulgrinda

Not all versions of UAC work with all iBasso dongles. Version 1.5.9 is good for the DC04PRO while 1.6.8 works with the DC06PRO and DC-Elite. Having said that, to remove any doubts, it would be best to completely uninstall UAC (any version) and try using the DC-04PRO with UAPP without other apps interfering. In this way it should work like any other dongle, but if it doesn't work the problem is not related to the DC04PRO but to the use of UAPP with the mobile phone and therefore it would occur again with any dongle. You can try emailing the UAPP developers and asking if there are any known problems using their application when using your specific phone. The fact, then, that the DC04PRO works smoothly with your tablet is proof of the fact that it is not the cause of the malfunction.
Thanks, I'll try 1.5.9. Dongle works the same way without uac app and not only with uapp - for example when streaming youtube video or spotify it is the same. Tried dongle with dx300 - worked like a charm :)

May 1, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #1,055 of 1,146
Thanks, I'll try 1.5.9. Dongle works the same way without uac app and not only with uapp - for example when streaming youtube video or spotify it is the same. Tried dongle with dx300 - worked like a charm :)
Have you enabled USB debugging by getting developer privileges on your phone?

May 1, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #1,057 of 1,146
May 1, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #1,058 of 1,146
I did just now. Still the same. Unless I have to do something additionally..
Do you have other dongles to test the phone with?

May 1, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #1,060 of 1,146
No, this is my first. Tomorrow I'll probably go back to the store and test with other models.
At least you will understand if the situation is limited to the DC04PRO.

May 1, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #1,061 of 1,146
Yes, I updated uac app, but it did not help. I do not see amp options - are they in the app?
I'm considering dc06pro, but not sure how I will like Sabre sound, have not so great previous experience.
If there is no such option forget my advice. Thought this option is common for all cirrus based Amps.

Take a DC06pro and be happy. It has all important features (even MQA support for TIDAL), can drive almost everything (320 mW @ 32 Ohm @ 4.4mm), is very battery friendly and sounds crisp and clear - at least with my HIDIZS MP145 and UAPP.

Btw. it depends on your IEMs or cans if you like the DC06pro or not 😁

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,062 of 1,146

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #1,063 of 1,146
Hi guys,

After reading this thread, I have not found a real answer to my question… So let’s go : DC Elite / DC06 pro (/ ifi Kensei / ru7) ?
I own a Cayin C9 and sensitive iems.

I’m looking for a details clean sound, but with a nice medium density, airy crisp treble, and good impactful bass.
Not very fan of warm sound too, I prefer transparent sound in order to play with iems characteristic.
Oh and last point, quick transcient a big energy in sound.

Thx

May 3, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #1,064 of 1,146
Hi guys,

After reading this thread, I have not found a real answer to my question… So let’s go : DC Elite / DC06 pro (/ ifi Kensei / ru7) ?
I own a Cayin C9 and sensitive iems.

I’m looking for a details clean sound, but with a nice medium density, airy crisp treble, and good impactful bass.
Not very fan of warm sound too, I prefer transparent sound in order to play with iems characteristic.
Oh and last point, quick transcient a big energy in sound.

Thx
There is nothing on the market under 1k dol better than the Elite when it comes to the portables (dongles, daps, BT dac/amps) period. The choice is simple.

May 3, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #1,065 of 1,146
There is nothing on the market under 1k dol better than the Elite when it comes to the portables (dongles, daps, BT dac/amps) period. The choice is simple.
Is it better then chord mojo 2 ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back