The discovery thread!
May 7, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #100,757 of 102,209
TRN ST7 lands in my mailbox today. Looking forward to comparing it with the Trio and Z300 as well as the much more expensive shangs.

May 7, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #100,758 of 102,209
TRN ST7 lands in my mailbox today. Looking forward to comparing it with the Trio and Z300 as well as the much more expensive shangs.
Mine is still in the snail mail so I am looking forward to your impressions.

May 7, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #100,759 of 102,209
How time flies... well, it’s time to give an update about the Himalayas I bought awhile ago. My first impression was, well, so-so to be honest. Stock cable is ok, nothing to complain much. Good connectors, good looks, good sound. Always there is something to be wanted more. Those nozzles... yeahhhh. Short. They just have to replace them, sooner or later. So I bought this Simgot’s kit. And Purple SE cable (Oyaide 102SSC wire). First I replaced the cable, sound become much clearer. Problem was with bass section because even this cable has 8 cores, they are thin ones. Not enough juice to support the lows. Bass was at present, no questions, but it was kinda lean and not bold. And this affected the highs too, they were a bit harsh and annoying, specially with bad recordings. Then I replaced stock tips with Dunu SS. Improvement was noticeable. Deeper lows, less icy top end. Almost listenable. Next was replacement of nozzles. I wanted to try the Kato’s nozzles too, just to know what they do. Sorry. No go. They are long enough, but too narrow. The sound become similar to 1 dollar earbud! Horrible experience. So I put the Simgot’s steel nozzles on and voila! It’s alive!!! Everything that was lost with Kato’s nozzles came back and some more. Bass went deeper and thicker, top end calmed down a bit. The mids were mostly good from the scratch, only when those Kato’s nozzles were on the mids went straight to the toilet. I must say this also - there’s no filters of any kind! No mesh, no sponges. Only this sealing ring between the tube and iem. This way I hear at it’s best. Well, ok I thought. What else? Next was tip roll again, this time I tried Azla Sednas and Penon Liqueur both variants. Azla is mostly fine, it’s the bass, what’s missing. At first I didn’t noticed, but later there was a big difference (bear with me..). The Penon’s. I honestly hoped they will do some magic as some guys told here. Sorry. No. Yes - they are good, but not great, at least with this set. The bass is wery much present, top end is good, but there’s something off in high-mids. Somehow this part was pushed forward too much that the vocals and everything around are way too bright, unnatural. Like a smartphone’s speaker (not like, more so, kinda, you get the point..). Interestly those tips are with different hole widths, but in general there was no hearable effect. AND my conclusion is: Dunu SS is the winner here! For two reasons mostly: they sit very comfy in my ear, no stress growing after some usage. Plus they are quite long, adding some tube length to the nozzles, which leads to the second reason. THEY SOUND PERFECT! At least to me.. no offence guys. Maybe you have a different opinion, can’t do any fundamental testimonials here. Anyway, in my case, sound is going to the right direction. And lastly, I think this is my final step to improve anything here is the new cable. This time I bought the IvipQ-131 (7N OCC, palladium/silver/gold mix) for 28eur. Lucky me. Things went from good to great. THE BASS! Ooo man, I honestly didn’t expected this explosion from those iems! And mids... if they were mostly ok at all times, now they became so enjoyable. And treble went liquid, stress-free, silky. I sense this timbre-correctness, already close to the Stellias I listen for critical sessions (I have to say this: the cable I use with Focals is DIY, made of Oyaide wire and I’m not convinced that it gives me all of it, so an upgrade to UP-OCC is in progress). The IvipQ is much thicker than Purple SE, this affects quite a lot on the lows (and the rest also). The stock cable is an OFC copper, about the same thichness. You hear the difference.. For me this should be it. One pair of iems and one pair of full-sized cans. Yep.
ivipq 131 (olemas) png.PNG
20240507_203523.jpg
20240507_202621.jpg
20240507_201551.jpg

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #100,760 of 102,209
DSC04107 copy.jpgHey folks! A brand called Rose Technics reached out to us recently and sent some gear for us to try. We ended up really digging their stuff here in the office, and now they're officially live and in stock here at Bloom! Not sure where to start in their lineup? Checkout my intro and buyers guide for their lineup here. Theres also some fantastic write ups floating around here on HeadFi, so I encourage you to check those out as well. And of course, if you have further questions or want some comparisons, hit us up on our live chat or email us at hello@bloomaudio.com. I hope you guys enjoy! :)
welp now I have a QT-X on the way. Super excited.

May 7, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #100,761 of 102,209
I need more time with timsok it is upgrade on ea 1000 overall. In sound is some like antialiasing like realy set on target like laserlike. Ea 1000 is bloom like. Bass timsok hits harder ea 1000 softer, sound on timsok is more even not bright. It is open like ea 1000 and is warmer, refined more layered.

May 7, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #100,762 of 102,209
Well this is interesting, maybe concerning: items that I purchased mid April (from AliExpress), are being routed through the Netherlands, final destination U.S.
To Hungary this is normal and everyday, but to the US ? Insane.

May 7, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #100,763 of 102,209
Well this is interesting, maybe concerning: items that I purchased mid April (from AliExpress), are being routed through the Netherlands, final destination U.S.
The concern being, if the packages will be scrutinized for value and taxation. If this route becomes the norm.

1715107532900.png
I’ve also been experiencing this as well with my shipments to the US.

May 7, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #100,765 of 102,209
Ey folks!

Ive been trying the Buds2pro lately.

Anyone knows what iems got similar bass technology? Like a speaker outside the tubillon, next to the conch.

photo-2024-05-07 15.48.00.jpg

That would be FirAudio frontier series (like the XE6). They have a woofer facing the concha. Quite interesting sound.

You take the blue IEM - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red IEM - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

1715093792976.png

0512D3C2-9D88-4677-9FED-FA9B4904D1E0.gif

May 7, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #100,767 of 102,209
Timsok laserlike projection is something realy new. Old campfire and ea 1000 dont have it. It is realy something never experienced in my life. Timsok is very special iem no doubt. It is like set on target with super binocular special. I like this song total eclipse. It is new song with this element projection these nuances on stage like how much it does in time. Timsok is like timemachine even slover time for objects on stage. Unbeliavable good iem.

May 7, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #100,768 of 102,209
How time flies... well, it’s time to give an update about the Himalayas I bought awhile ago. My first impression was, well, so-so to be honest. Stock cable is ok, nothing to complain much. Good connectors, good looks, good sound. Always there is something to be wanted more. Those nozzles... yeahhhh. Short. They just have to replace them, sooner or later. So I bought this Simgot’s kit. And Purple SE cable (Oyaide 102SSC wire). First I replaced the cable, sound become much clearer. Problem was with bass section because this cable has 4 cores. Not enough juice to support the lows. Bass was at present, no questions, but it was kinda lean and not bold. And this affected the highs too, they were a bit harsh and annoying, specially with bad recordings. Then I replaced stock tips with Dunu SS. Improvement was noticeable. Deeper lows, less icy top end. Almost listenable. Next was replacement of nozzles. I wanted to try the Kato’s nozzles too, just to know what they do. Sorry. No go. They are long enough, but too narrow. The sound become similar to 1 dollar earbud! Horrible experience. So I put the Simgot’s steel nozzles on and voila! It’s alive!!! Everything that was lost with Kato’s nozzles came back and some more. Bass went deeper and thicker, top end calmed down a bit. The mids were mostly good from the scratch, only when those Kato’s nozzles were on the mids went straight to the toilet. I must say this also - there’s no filters of any kind! No mesh, no sponges. Only this sealing ring between the tube and iem. This way I hear at it’s best. Well, ok I thought. What else? Next was tip roll again, this time I tried Azla Sednas and Penon Liqueur both variants. Azla is mostly fine, it’s the bass, what’s missing. At first I didn’t noticed, but later there was a big difference (bear with me..). The Penon’s. I honestly hoped they will do some magic as some guys told here. Sorry. No. Yes - they are good, but not great, at least with this set. The bass is wery much present, top end is good, but there’s something off in high-mids. Somehow this part was pushed forward too much that the vocals and everything around are way too bright, unnatural. Like a smartphone’s speaker (not like, more so, kinda, you get the point..). Interestly those tips are with different hole widths, but in general there was no hearable effect. AND my conclusion is: Dunu SS is the winner here! For two reasons mostly: they sit very comfy in my ear, no stress growing after some usage. Plus they are quite long, adding some tube length to the nozzles, which leads to the second reason. THEY SOUND PERFECT! At least to me.. no offence guys. Maybe you have a different opinion, can’t do any fundamental testimonials here. Anyway, in my case, sound is going to the right direction. And lastly, I think this is my final step to improve anything here is the new cable. This time I bought the IvipQ-131 (7N OCC, palladium/silver/gold mix) for 28eur. Lucky me. Things went from good to great. THE BASS! Ooo man, I honestly didn’t expected this explosion from those iems! And mids... if they were mostly ok at all times, now they became so enjoyable. And treble went liquid, stress-free, silky. I sense this timbre-correctness, already close to the Stellias I listen for critical sessions (I have to say this: the cable I use with Focals is DIY, made of Oyaide wire and I’m not convinced that it gives me all of it, so an upgrade to UP-OCC is in progress). The IvipQ is much thicker than Purple SE, this affects quite a lot on the lows (and the rest also). The stock cable is an OFC copper, about the same thichness. You hear the difference.. For me this should be it. One pair of iems and one pair of full-sized cans. Yep.
I say this good naturedly
:beerchug:

But how can someone with your level of literacy not know how to use paragraphs ?

Your like the Akros of Head-Fi. I'm sure you have something valuable to share, but I can't read for more than a few seconds, without getting eye strain.

Do old folks like me a favor and break up the wall of words, so I can read it.

Thanks

May 7, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #100,769 of 102,209
A2B3E94A-35B6-4A33-A19D-093DA54E7883.jpeg

Elysian Annihilator 2023.

If there is a perfect IEM, at least for me, this is it. At first, I was like “what’s so special about this?” and then I couldn’t stop trying just one more track.

Thank you @Yifang for letting me borrow his unit and grumpy pepe @grumpy213 for sending the unit.

Oh, and Pilgrim is no “baby Anni”, bois 😂 They go with different tuning. I think Pilgrim is more like DIVA 2023 in mid or lower bass option. If you have ever listened to Gaea, imagine a less aggressive upper midrange, more subbass, same level of hyped up dynamic, and better treble detail and extension. That’s Anni. Not shouty, not sibilant even with Ed Sheeran’s Shivers.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #100,770 of 102,209
A2B3E94A-35B6-4A33-A19D-093DA54E7883.jpeg

Elysian Annihilator 2023.

If there is a perfect IEM, at least for me, this is it. At first, I was like “what’s so special about this?” and then I couldn’t stop trying just one more track.

Thank you @Yifang for letting me borrow his unit and grumpy pepe @grumpy213 for sending the unit.

Oh, and Pilgrim is no “baby Anni”, bois 😂 They go with different tuning. I think Pilgrim is more like DIVA 2023 in mid or lower bass option. If you have ever listened to Gaea, imagine a less aggressive upper midrange, more subbass, same level of hyped up dynamic, and better treble detail and extension. That’s Anni. Not shouty, not sibilant even with Ed Sheeran’s Shivers.
So what makes it so great? What justifies the ridiculous price tag for it? How is it 20x better than the EA1000? How is the sound so holographic, 3D, and stereo wide and deep that it makes the Trio sound like a dollar store item and bring nirvana to your ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back