The discovery thread!
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #100,006 of 101,368
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #100,007 of 101,368
Well said. I went above my budget tier for the Sza, and that IEM really does make most of my others “irrelevant”.
The bass on Sza actually shook my soul from inside out haha.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #100,008 of 101,368
100,000+ (!!) posts - a nice milestone to reach, a testament to sustained engagement and the point to celebrate - congrats to all the contributors!

If to take Watercooler's (WC) penchant for statistics: 100,000 posts in under 12 and a half years (12 years and 4 months or so) that is more than 8,100 posts a year, 675 posts a month, and 20+ posts a day, every day! Many more daily posts now, definitely a rising trend! Cool :)

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #100,009 of 101,368
What is the SZA and where did you get it? Please
10mm DD for bass + 14mm Planar for mids + 1 BA for treble, Oriolus Szalayi!
correct :)
The bass on Sza actually shook my soul from inside out haha.
1714335782083.png

I always describe it's tuning as "classy basshead" lol, to me it is the most satisfying bass response on an IEM. Havent heard anything over kilobuck level yet tho so what do I know!

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #100,010 of 101,368
I always describe it's tuning as "classy basshead" lol, to me it is the most satisfying bass response on an IEM. Havent heard anything over kilobuck level yet tho so what do I know!
It was really bassy, but to the extent that it was overwhelming for me. After about 30-45 minutes with Szalayi i used to feel the need for a break lol. BTW during my recent trip to the SG for CanJam, i grabbed a set of Madoo Type 512, that is my go-to fun IEM for strong and slamming Bass haha.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #100,011 of 101,368
It was really bassy, but to the extent that it was overwhelming for me. After about 30-45 minutes with Szalayi i used to feel the need for a break lol. BTW during my recent trip to the SG for CanJam, i grabbed a set of Madoo Type 512, that is my go-to fun IEM for strong and slamming Bass haha.
its an all day wear for me lol maybe i am a mad man

those look pretty neat!

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #100,012 of 101,368
My companions for tonight are here, I have some pending task so these are trying to keep me awake(it's like 2AM here in my country right now lol).

iBasso DX320/Cayin N3 Ultra+Nightjar Singularity+Vortex Alida Cable. I am currently using N3 Ultra as i am trying to burn-in the unit.

1714336417124.png

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #100,013 of 101,368
its an all day wear for me lol maybe i am a mad man
haha nothing like that man, I understand some people want more bass than me. Honestly, Madoo Type 512 is the most I can take haha. I actually heard the set before pulling the plug on one.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #100,014 of 101,368
100,000+ (!!) posts - a nice milestone to reach, a testament to sustained engagement and the point to celebrate - congrats to all the contributors!

If to take Watercooler's (WC) penchant for statistics: 100,000 posts in under 12 and a half years (12 years and 4 months or so) that is more than 8,100 posts a year, 675 posts a month, and 20+ posts a day, every day! Many more daily posts now, definitely a rising trend! Cool :)
These numbers are totally crazy and I am happy to have contributed my little share for this past year.

It's amazing, I usually lose interest in similar forums quite quickly, but somehow Headfi is keeping me superglued!

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #100,015 of 101,368
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #100,016 of 101,368
I had been looking for a full ba iem for a long time with a reasonable cost but with remarkable performance and thanks @ToneDeafMonk I found it.
The Myer Audio SLIIVO SL-T6 is a masterpiece of truly excellent tuning and technicality and for how it sounds it costs very little. Great!!!

Sliivoslt6.jpg
how little it costs.. ha well I've never spent anywhere close to 447$ on any audio product in my life [unless you count my Casio digital piano] the AS24 is the most expensive earbuds I've bought and they're great but could use a bit better bass [but NOT as much as the KZ Symphony]

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #100,017 of 101,368
paying almost 900$ and no tuning switches to reduce the bass lol. I think it's a GOOD thing KZ is making switches a more common thing.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #100,018 of 101,368
how little it costs.. ha well I've never spent anywhere close to 447$ on any audio product in my life [unless you count my Casio digital piano] the AS24 is the most expensive earbuds I've bought and they're great but could use a bit better bass [but NOT as much as the KZ Symphony]
Using a coupon on the Aliexpress shop I paid 360 euros for them and as a point of comparison I had the DUNU SA MKII which cost 560 euros... then obviously, everything is relative. I had also thought about the iBasso AM05 but for 60 euros more I think there is no comparison.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #100,019 of 101,368
Canpur CPBA7 and qdc 8PRO

Been loaning these two fine sets from my friend @Erkil , always good to have nice friends to share gear with. I thought I could share some online also, as there has not been so much exposure about these models.

Both the sets are all balanced armatures with the CPBA7 having 7 BAs, and the 8PRO having 8. Some price difference between the two with 8PRO being the most expensive at $1540 and the CPBA at $999.

iwrihEvKAKeLIS4GrEHRV44FlmNKw3YjKGgkiGUCZfAWQCeAICpnHW3ZVXsVetgtwjQQiKRmiSD8pLQLrIe1ZFZbImHXAOxSXzgG2N5iFZqaOcOmgQy0ABhBh-fSnzGgnw1kkzYykrnOW1Lj2FrwsTY

Starting off with the CPBA7, I was quite excited about this one since I loved the CP54E and also liked the CP32E. But I don’t feel this has the same quality tuning and technicalities as its brothers, especially noticeable in the bass that is more wooly and has less quality. Recently most BA sets are getting good at bass, but this seems like a step back to me. Bass reaches deep and is quite boosted, so it can be very fun if you're not too picky. But have a softer tonality with not that impactful punch.

The midrange is better but still on the more thick side, maybe due to how the bass also bleeds into the mids. This does make it less clear and crisp, for some good and others not. To me the midrange is quite engaging and works with most music, but is on the more soft side instead of going for crispness and clarity.

This highs is a little dark, some of it due to the balance against the larger bass shelf. There is some airyness even if it's a little dark. Also the soundstage I don't hear as anything special.

Also a point about the ergonomics, this has been the same for all the Canpur models I have tried. The angle of the Nozzle is quite aggressive, so I do get some pain after a while. Not the worst offender, but can be something to take into consideration.

WTE0piltI8xrjcHSws2vMXCgTqRL971GKQgt1HEz7ACN2pONkJJ3SafxTzLX8Pbsin1a4ApkcxLPbIJohMSu_i2NHnWHD9KKEQ48SEGlxeC8Ntwsb6-56vLUetITw9ZDy5oA7gLaRUihXrPyzkBESIQ

Then it's the qdc 8PRO, this one i'm quite in love with now. The IEM has the ergonomic shell very similar to other qdc models, it also has a tuning switch that mostly affects the bass with 3 settings. They have actually positioned it so it can be switched when you use the IEM and without a sim tool.
As a basshead I turned it on L for maximum bass, it gives it a good boost specially against the opposite switch on H.

This sound more technical than the Canpur with more detail and better soundstage, but not at the level of the flagships qdc VX and V14. But not that far off either, it might actually be better on one point.

That being the bass, this has a BA bass that reminds me of CP54E that I praised for excellent BA bass. If it's at the same level it is just by memory so it's a vague statement, but i'm impressed.
Sub bass reaches deep and the mid bass has a good punch, it sounds clear and full. Not any wolly tendencies, and decay is not too slow or fast.

Midrange is also great, detailed and vibrant. Has some of that usual qdc midrange with good clarity, but less bite than the VX or NP.

Treble is quite similar to the Canpur and slightly dark, still airy and open, But going from brighter sets I need time to adjust to hear the treble detail, but with adjustment it's resolving and good. Just on the darker side, a good thing no music is tiresome.

As I mentioned the shell is ergonomic as other qdc models, so this one I can use for hours without any problems.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have for the models, it's been fun trying both. Even though the Canpur was a little disappointing to me.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #100,020 of 101,368
I think it's a GOOD thing KZ is making switches a more common thing.
Man you have so many KZ IEMs that your signature on HeadFi has a separate point for KZ IEMs and Earbuds haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back