Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Apr 3, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #8,641 of 8,818
I don't complain about things being expensive, I honestly think they are pricey because they are exceptionally good. I complain about the effort that I have to make in order to be able to purchase those beloved items... but again, it is what it is, that's life
That actually IS complaining. It's one thing to complain, it's another to come in a Hi-Fi forum and make this statement....
Folks, I desperately need a large amount of money to spend on things that I don't really need nor understand but can't live without them
It speaks as if we've nothing to do with our money but waste it on trivial things. If you feel that way about the expense of the gear some have.... why are you here???

I doubt any of us are so rich we don't worry about money. I know I damn well do. I also know I worked hard for my money so I should be able to spend it on things I enjoy.

If you don't want to pay for expensive gear that's perfectly fine, but don't criticize those that do because they can.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #8,645 of 8,818
Does anyone of you use deconi audio ear cushions? which gives the most low and mid bass to the hd800s Headphones?
Yes, I have them on my HD800S and love them. Yes, they certainly add a touch more low-end. Recommended.

IHNQT9k.jpg

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #8,646 of 8,818
like mine its just the seal. not sure if it effects the sound of just perception of the hp clamp.

IMG_9711.jpeg

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #8,647 of 8,818
like mine its just the seal. not sure if it effects the sound of just perception of the hp clamp.

What cable do you have here?

I've been meaning to post a question about folks liking the stock cables or they prefer to upgrade? I'm using the stock 4.4mm balanced cable with a dual XLR adapter. I think the feel, length, and ergonomics of the stock cable are just fine, but wasn't sure if people have found better matches than stock for the HD800S.

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #8,648 of 8,818

I've been meaning to post a question about folks liking the stock cables or they prefer to upgrade? I'm using the stock 4.4mm balanced cable with a dual XLR adapter. I think the feel, length, and ergonomics of the stock cable are just fine, but wasn't sure if people have found better matches than stock for the HD800S.
I've not heard differences between decent balanced cables with the HD800S (the stock cable is excellent). I do, however, much prefer the sound with dust covers removed. It's easy to try, free, and instantly reversible if you don't like it.

EDIT
On reflection, I recall one or two 'upgrade' cables - quite expensive - which I thought were detrimental.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #8,649 of 8,818

The stock cables are as good they can be, don't fall in that rabbit hole.

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #8,650 of 8,818
Exactly. Cable makes 0 material difference when you have a good amp. All cables sound different but differences are minor and don't really matter.

Stock cable sounds great. Smooth, natural with deep bass and satisfying slam and macro dynamics.

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #8,651 of 8,818

It’s in my sig, double helix cables prion 4.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #8,652 of 8,818
Apr 4, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #8,653 of 8,818
Way better off saving another $2k and buy a good used $4k dac or that new CFA3 from Headamp.

Apr 4, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #8,655 of 8,818
Way better off saving another $2k and buy a good used $4k dac or that new CFA3 from Headamp.
Way better off? lol I’m doing fine but thx

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back