Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 27, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #149,401 of 151,046
I managed to stay hidden when a gentleman showed up to buy 350 lbs of clay my wife sold him. I avoided that trouble. :beerchug:
now THAT was a great dodge my Friend . :joy:

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #149,402 of 151,046
>snip<

About 15 years ago I switched to Apple computers for my home system. Over time I had a moderate library of songs and CD's download to the computer. I'm very much attuned to alternate takes and versions of songs, performances, and like obscure rare versions. and had a lot of those stored on the computer.
One day Apple music upgraded. Either I fell for the "you should always upgrade your computer" myth, or maybe Apple decided to 'help' me and do it for me.
Apple music seemed operate as if there was one a single version of any song or CD with the same name. It deleted any "extras." Even CDs with the same title but by different artists and different songs.

Hmm. If I behave in fashion to ensure that when I die I will go to Hell, I can, um, "discuss" this with Steve Jobs.
Source of the problem: Apple music is run by geeks and techno-nerds, who go autistic when any input involving music, music appreciation, art etc. etc. comes their way.
Ahh - I have bumped into this issue with apple music - especially with Dweezil Zappa in the UK - 2 causes - 1) a licencing issue , if you click on the greyed out track you get a ' not available in this market ' notice - 2) check the Apple music settings very carefully as there is a ' remove duplicate tracks ' option , mainly used for phone storage management .
hope this is a help .

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #149,403 of 151,046
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 6:41 AM Post #149,405 of 151,046
The Schiit Happened Playlist 2024 is now live for Qobuz and Apple Music !
Please excuse if I didn’t get exactly the version/masters you wished for. Let me know if I can adjust from what is available on the 2 services above.
Expect a wild ride and - enjoy! :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #149,406 of 151,046
The Schiit Happened Playlist 2024 is now live for Qobuz and Apple Music !
Please excuse if I didn’t get exactly the version/masters you wished for. Let me know if I can adjust from what is available on the 2 services above.
Expect a wild ride and - enjoy! :L3000:
That's great!

You may have issues with regional availability, a couple aren't showing up for me, but that list looks very promising and eclectic.

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #149,407 of 151,046
Good Morning!

Its shower floor penny tile install this am!! Yeah! (hmmmm.).

Then Vali 3 Tube listening!!

Got 2 hours in last night and have already found my favorites...but want to be sure!!

Some tubes have discernible differences to me, some are just too close to each other to reliably select one or the other.
Starting with a set of ZMF Verite closed backs, but had to switch to a more resolving can like the HE 1000 SE.
Will do this with D8000 Pros as well.

Alex
:>)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #149,408 of 151,046
I was a Record Doctor guy, then got a deal on a Degrittr, it is expensive but a lot easier. One run with distilled water and the surfactant, then swap tanks to just distilled and run again.
My VPI HW 16.5 is still going strong after 30+ years… and it wasn’t too expensive (IIRC $350 or so back in 1990). Yeah, it’s a bit noisy.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #149,409 of 151,046
Good Morning!

Its shower floor penny tile install this am!! Yeah! (hmmmm.).

Then Vali 3 Tube listening!!

Got 2 hours in last night and have already found my favorites...but want to be sure!!

Some tubes have discernible differences to me, some are just too close to each other to reliably select one or the other.
Starting with a set of ZMF Verite closed backs, but had to switch to a more resolving can like the HE 1000 SE.
Will do this with D8000 Pros as well.

Alex
:>)
It has been a while since I ran 12au7’s in a headphone amp and the two that make the most difference in my power amp are competing with 12 other tubes. 😁

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #149,410 of 151,046
My VPI HW 16.5 is still going strong after 30+ years… and it wasn’t too expensive (IIRC $350 or so back in 1990). Yeah, it’s a bit noisy.
I am just using a Chinese model but it has a temperature adjustment and timer. It works extremely well for my needs.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #149,411 of 151,046
1000002971.jpg
Finally getting the aquarium back on track (my other major expense... Sorry hobby)
Nice! Haven’t seen Rainbow fish in quite a while. I like your aquascaping. Perchance are you using a CO2 bubble counter setup for the plants? We sold our 65Gallon tank/stand when we moved to Texas in 2018 (I kept the lights, pumps, UV filter, main filters, etc.). Would love to re-setup, but unfortunately there is nowhere in this house for a large tank. (I learned many decades ago that the bigger the aquarium the easier it is to maintain both beauty and health-wise. Only room that is a maybe is actually the listening room, and I don’t want that noise in there…

Yours brings back memories!

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #149,413 of 151,046
Yeah same with the RD. Kinda funny but I put on noise canceling headphones when I use it.
I just leave my shop, listen to music and go back after a half hour of cleaning. Often I am trying the records that are now dry. I have another batch arriving next week then one or two batches after that. My personal albums from this time period (roughly mid sixties to early seventies) are not in the best of shape since many were played on lesser gear during parties and college roommates could be rough on them.🙄

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #149,414 of 151,046
I just leave my shop, listen to music and go back after a half hour of cleaning. Often I am trying the records that are now dry. I have another batch arriving next week then one or two batches after that. My personal albums from this time period (roughly mid sixties to early seventies) are not in the best of shape since many were played on lesser gear during parties and college roommates could be rough on them.🙄
The noisy ones we are referring to are vacuum units. The ultrasonic devices are not noisy at all, although the drying cycle on Degrittr is a bit louder than the cleaning cycle.

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #149,415 of 151,046
The noisy ones we are referring to are vacuum units. The ultrasonic devices are not noisy at all, although the drying cycle on Degrittr is a bit louder than the cleaning cycle.
The motor that turns the records in the cleaning solution has always been noisy on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back