Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 23, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #144,722 of 152,430
Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 16.47.29.png

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #144,723 of 152,430
LOL!

EITR, USA, noun: pronounced "eater" preceded by Schitt. Most aptly named product in the lineup, IMO. 🤣
I’ve always thought the as(s)-g(u)ard was pretty nice 😅 Now was it intentional? Who knows? But given some other naming, I wouldn’t rule it out outright 😉

As it turns out, Sol was pretty well named also, but for other reasons, as you now are SOL if you want to get one 😕

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #144,724 of 152,430
IMG_3367.jpeg

I have to give a shout out to @mjstealey and @Pandahead for this fine looking and superb sounding pair! Sonic bliss! Thank you both so much!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #144,725 of 152,430
I must have had a brain cramp or a moment of distraction a few months ago, because it looks like I had an Amperex Bugle Boy mixed up with one of my Russian tubes in the Freya N. I thought one of the BB's died, but I just found the BB in a Russian tube box. That means that for a while I had a BB and a Russian tube in the voltage gain sockets. Whoops! I put the 2 BB's back in the Freya last evening and oh, what a warm and detailed tubey sound!

I used that moment of discovery to play a collection that I've been anticipating: Christian McBride and Edgar Meyer's "But Who's Gonna Play the Melody?" This is a fantastic duo. If you like stand-up bass and also want a great album for testing bass clarity in your system, this is for you. With the Gumby, Freya N in tube mode, and paired with the AKG K712 Pro headphones, this was an exceptionally enjoyable listening experience. I could hear the room and various ambient noises from their playing: taps on the wood of their instruments, clacks of their strings as they plucked and slapped them, echoes from the space. It was like being in the room with them, sitting a few feet away while they played. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #144,726 of 152,430
I had a 1967 Barracuda in "bright blue metallic" livery. 383 4 Barrell, 4 speed, positraction rear. No power steering, power brakes, power anything----but, fast as hell!
TLDR
A friend in high school had one of these Cudas, white, with a massive CB antenna mount on the rear bumper. It snowed and the public parks were not plowed. He tied a 1" diameter rope to the antenna mount and pulled several of us, on sleds, through the twisting park roads. The spinning rear tires showered us (and blinded us) with snow/slush/ice. The sensible ones were laying on our sleds, hanging on for dear life. I looked up, squinting, and saw that the front guy, always sort of a dork, was sitting on his sled. I saw him get sideways but maintain his hold on the rope. He stopped instantly, the car (and the rope) kept moving. He stripped all of us off of the rope and we ended up in a tangle of sleds and bodies. There was blood everywhere in the white snow. One guy, Gil, had always had a huge wart on his wrist. Gil was jumping around yelling, "My wart is gone! My wart is gone!" Something had surgically removed Gil's wart. All the blood was from Gil. We were all Boy Scouts so pressure and elevation stopped the bleeding. Gil's wart never returned. The dorky guy who caused the mishap grew up to be the commanding officer of a US warship.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #144,727 of 152,430
What I need to see from Schitt is a legit tube amp that can be produced in larger numbers over that of the Folksvagon (Folkvangr). Something beyond these pre-amps wit one or two tubes...I want a legit tube amp for my den. Schiit...I'm trying to give you my money ! I'm trying to buy new gear after spending the last few months selling alot of my gear off.
Valhalla 3 ... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #144,728 of 152,430
TLDR
A friend in high school had one of these Cudas, white, with a massive CB antenna mount on the rear bumper. It snowed and the public parks were not plowed. He tied a 1" diameter rope to the antenna mount and pulled several of us, on sleds, through the twisting park roads. The spinning rear tires showered us (and blinded us) with snow/slush/ice. The sensible ones were laying on our sleds, hanging on for dear life. I looked up, squinting, and saw that the front guy, always sort of a dork, was sitting on his sled. I saw him get sideways but maintain his hold on the rope. He stopped instantly, the car (and the rope) kept moving. He stripped all of us off of the rope and we ended up in a tangle of sleds and bodies. There was blood everywhere in the white snow. One guy, Gil, had always had a huge wart on his wrist. Gil was jumping around yelling, "My wart is gone! My wart is gone!" Something had surgically removed Gil's wart. All the blood was from Gil. We were all Boy Scouts so pressure and elevation stopped the bleeding. Gil's wart never returned. The dorky guy who caused the mishap grew up to be the commanding officer of a US warship.
I always wondered what happened to Gil's wart ...
:)

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #144,729 of 152,430
I must have had a brain cramp or a moment of distraction a few months ago, because it looks like I had an Amperex Bugle Boy mixed up with one of my Russian tubes in the Freya N. I thought one of the BB's died, but I just found the BB in a Russian tube box. That means that for a while I had a BB and a Russian tube in the voltage gain sockets. Whoops! I put the 2 BB's back in the Freya last evening and oh, what a warm and detailed tubey sound!

I used that moment of discovery to play a collection that I've been anticipating: Christian McBride and Edgar Meyer's "But Who's Gonna Play the Melody?" This is a fantastic duo. If you like stand-up bass and also want a great album for testing bass clarity in your system, this is for you. With the Gumby, Freya N in tube mode, and paired with the AKG K712 Pro headphones, this was an exceptionally enjoyable listening experience. I could hear the room and various ambient noises from their playing: taps on the wood of their instruments, clacks of their strings as they plucked and slapped them, echoes from the space. It was like being in the room with them, sitting a few feet away while they played. You won't be disappointed.

Superb! Thank you, brother!

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #144,732 of 152,430
To be a Schiitaholic is to slake one's thirst whilst drowning in the music. If patience is indeed a virtue then I am next in line to be the Poop (the Head of the Schittite Faith).

Poop ORTicus the Firstest
ROFL!!!

Patience is indeed a virtue, but it's also a huge PITA. I avoid it at all costs. 🤣

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #144,733 of 152,430
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #144,734 of 152,430
I always wondered what happened to Gil's wart ...
:)
.... A great first line for a novel. [Almost as good as 'Call me Ishmael'.] 😂

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #144,735 of 152,430
A friend just sent a brag shot of a tasting he is at, and all I could think was “that flight board is not as nice as anything from @Paladin79 …”

IMG_1805.jpeg
I see that picture, and all I can see is that cochon means pig in Spanish. I don't want pig stuff in my glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back