Roon is live
Jun 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #31 of 701
  I'm contemplating buying a subscription, but what I saw in the very short trial I had does not justify the high asking price IMO. 
Do you know anything about new features to be added soon besides DSD support?

The forums are chalked full of mentions of stuff in the roadmap.

1) More advanced tag editor along with the ability to use file tags for certain things like album title instead of what's in their database.
2) DSP support.
3) Local download and playback
4) Headless version
5) iOS app.  Android and iOS apps will get jump list support in an update.

etc

From just the top of my head.  They are very responsive in their forums, one of the reasons I jumped on board so quick.

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #32 of 701

The forums are chalked full of mentions of stuff in the roadmap.

1) More advanced tag editor along with the ability to use file tags for certain things like album title instead of what's in their database.
2) DSP support.
3) Local download and playback
4) Headless version
5) iOS app.  Android and iOS apps will get jump list support in an update.

etc

From just the top of my head.  They are very responsive in their forums, one of the reasons I jumped on board so quick.

Thank you Doctor!

What does headless version mean?
Local download == from Tidal?

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #33 of 701
Partial DSD support has already been added. It can playback DSD over DoP or downsample on the fly to PCM. I Tested the former today. Works without any hiccups. Native DSD playback will be added together with ASIO in a future release.

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #34 of 701

Thank you Doctor!

What does headless version mean?
Local download == from Tidal?

Headless is a version without graphical user interface for machines that are dedicated at your audio hardware and may or may not have a display and keyboard hooked up to them.

Local download from Tidal as of right now, no.  They aren't licensed to download from Tidal I read somewhere.  Download from your personal music collection in Roon to an iOS/Android devices or another laptop to take your music on the road with you.

The local download feature is something a desperately want on my iPhone as a despise iTunes and hate having to use it to get my music on it. Right now I just download flac from Tidal using their app.

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #35 of 701

Headless is a version without graphical user interface for machines that are dedicated at your audio hardware and may or may not have a display and keyboard hooked up to them.

Local download from Tidal as of right now, no.  They aren't licensed to download from Tidal I read somewhere.  Download from your personal music collection in Roon to an iOS/Android devices or another laptop to take your music on the road with you.

The local download feature is something a desperately want on my iPhone as a despise iTunes and hate having to use it to get my music on it. Right now I just download flac from Tidal using their app.

Local download sounds like a really cool feature, but I wonder if they will also have transcoding on the fly when doing it. My phone obviously cannot hold my entire library in FLAC so I convert it to MP3 (VBR -v1) first. It would be really really awesome to have an app that can synchronize my library to my phone for me with a click of a button.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #36 of 701

Local download sounds like a really cool feature, but I wonder if they will also have transcoding on the fly when doing it. My phone obviously cannot hold my entire library in FLAC so I convert it to MP3 (VBR -v1) first. It would be really really awesome to have an app that can synchronize my library to my phone for me with a click of a button.

I assume they would offer some type of LAME encoding.  For me I might just do the flac files as couldn't possible hold anywhere near my 10,000+ album collection even in the lowest quality mp3.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #37 of 701

I assume they would offer some type of LAME encoding.  For me I might just do the flac files as couldn't possible hold anywhere near my 10,000+ album collection even in the lowest quality mp3.

Well, my library is less than a tenth of yours but yeah, I'm starting to push the edge of my phone's (i.e. the 64 GB micro SD card's) capacity too :)

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #38 of 701
I'm waiting on Auralic Aries support.  I should be all in at that point.  I hope the iOS versions include a nice iPad app with all the features of the PC version.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #39 of 701
  I'm waiting on Auralic Aries support.  I should be all in at that point.  I hope the iOS versions include a nice iPad app with all the features of the PC version.

I assume that the iOS version will look the same as the Android version which looks like the desktop Roon software and has all of the features.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #40 of 701
  I assume that the iOS version will look the same as the Android version which looks like the desktop Roon software and has all of the features.

With one near future modification I was informed today.  An alphabetical jump list for artists and albums.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #42 of 701
Those waiting for ASIO and native DSD support, Build 21 was just released.  
beerchug.gif

Jun 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #44 of 701

Just updated my remote PC but will need to update my server and Android tablet.

I told my client to update the server at the same time and bam both machines got updated.

Was there an Android update as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back