RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Apr 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #303 of 364

Quote:
I have access to the albums on the internal memory. Three albums only, all 24/96 and about 600 MB each.

Are you sure about this? From whatever I have read so far and based on my own experience, Rockbox only supports SD card and not NAND memory. Did you install it differently? Or have got hold of an updated version?
Thanks.

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #304 of 364

Quote:
Does the Hifiman play the music back bit for bit? I thought it downsampled the music?

Dunno about the stock software, but last I looked, Rockbox converted everything to 16/44 before it went to the DAC.

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #305 of 364
801 hardware (and stock bios) supports 24/96 bit perfect. 601 hardware as far as I'm aware is only a 16 bit dac so downsampling must happen but stock bios still plays 24/96 files as far as I remember. Don't know what RockBox can do on 801

May 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #306 of 364
New build: http://build.rockbox.org/

New bootloader: http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/hifiman/

Instalation/uninstalation: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/HifimanPort

wink_face.gif

May 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #308 of 364
You're welcome! Me and several other users asked Mortalis to return play/pause function to the central button and the return function to the right arrow button, so soon there will be another update. He said that functuality of the central buttons will be returned.

May 2, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #309 of 364
Quote:
801 hardware (and stock bios) supports 24/96 bit perfect. 601 hardware as far as I'm aware is only a 16 bit dac so downsampling must happen but stock bios still plays 24/96 files as far as I remember. Don't know what RockBox can do on 801

Sadly, 602 stock firmware doesn't support 24/96 file anymore. I was wondering why people were complaining that it didn't work until I tried it a few days ago. Case in point, the previous hifiman software supported 24bit file and EQ but not the the latest version.

This is a very poor implementation of customer care and after service.

May 2, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #310 of 364
Quote:
 Sadly, 602 stock firmware doesn't support 24/96 file anymore. I was wondering why people were complaining that it didn't work until I tried it a few days ago. Case in point, the previous hifiman software supported 24bit file and EQ but not the the latest version.

This is a very poor implementation of customer care and after service.

How did you get the impression that the 602 supports 24 bit files?
Because it doesn't - and never has been said to do so by HiFiMan.

However, EQ is not working, but should do so - we agree on that one.
There is a rumour saying that the new Tai Chi firmware (designed for the upcoming 802/901) will be available for the current HM-players in the future (in an adapted version I expect).

May 2, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #311 of 364
LarsHP, the EQ stopped working in the newer firmware versions because HiFiMAN's licence for it had expired. Just install the older versions if you need EQ.

May 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #312 of 364
I notice that now with the Rock box installed I do not have access to music on the hard drive of the player. Is there some way to initialize it?
As well, Windows (7) does not recognize the USB device so I am not able to access the hard drive from my computer, plus the DAC portion is also not recognized.
Is there something to initiate or are these just the limitations of the new build? I may need to switch back to the OF (I hope I can).

Quote:
You're welcome! Me and several other users asked Mostalis to return play/pause function to the central button and the return function to the right arrow button, so soon there will be another update. He said that functuality of the central buttons will be returned.

May 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #313 of 364
Quote:
LarsHP, the EQ stopped working in the newer firmware versions because HiFiMAN's licence for it had expired. Just install the older versions if you need EQ.

I know. You might even be quoting me on that. (?)
Unfortunately I don't have the older firmware ...

May 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #314 of 364
Quote:
I notice that now with the Rock box installed I do not have access to music on the hard drive of the player. Is there some way to initialize it?
As well, Windows (7) does not recognize the USB device so I am not able to access the hard drive from my computer, plus the DAC portion is also not recognized.
Is there something to initiate or are these just the limitations of the new build? I may need to switch back to the OF (I hope I can).

I am sorry to say that these are known issues with RockBox on the HM-players.

May 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #315 of 364
Quote:

Yes, internal memory is unusable.  But the internal memory should be recognised by your PC after you install the dual bootloader. If you had the previous version installed (with the dual bootloader), then just put into the new .rockbox folder the BASE.rkw file - it is needed for original firmware to work. If you had an older version then follow the uninstall instructions to update the firmware and don't forget to put the dual bootloader into the internal memory.

The DAC function workes with the dual bootloader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back