REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
May 21, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #601 of 2,116

Quote:
Literally just got the email that these are back in stock at GD-Audiobase for those interested.

Thanks!! purchased =D  It'll be a 2month late bday gift to myself.  I'm done purchasing for the year lol.
Sincerely,
My wallet

May 22, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #604 of 2,116
Also ordered.  I have my 598's and I'm quite happy with them, even unamped, but I would like to hear more "fun" cans as well and these seemed good bang for buck.  Hopefully this will go smoothly, despite all the shenanigans I've been reading about.  :)

May 22, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #605 of 2,116
I am at 54 days and counting. The Russian Post tracking number just worked on the USPS website and my FA-011s are in New Jersey and on their way here. Hopefully in a couple more days I will have them. 
biggrin.gif
  I attribute half of my wait to the Russian Customs issue (which should be resolved) since I didn't receive a tracking number until May 5th. I have kept myself occupied with a few IEM purchases during the delay. I hope everything goes smoother for the current batch of orders.

My next headphones were going to be the HD-598 (looks as comfortable as my HD-570s + major SQ upgrade) or the FA-003 (could use a closed can but not critical due to IEMs). Everything is on hold... bring on the FA-006s! 

http://fischeraudio.ru/articles/fa-006.php / http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffischeraudio.ru%2Farticles%2Ffa-006.php
popcorn.gif

May 22, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #606 of 2,116
Got my tracking number after 57 days. Mine are still @ St.Petersburg. Status in Russian post --> Collected for delivery on May 20th. May 21st status - Operation export - Destination USA.

May 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #607 of 2,116
Good luck to the guys who just received their tracking #.  More than likely coming in really soon.  Let us know how it turns out =)

May 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #608 of 2,116
I just got mine -- ordered 3/29.

Received first Russian tracking status on 5/5 -> "Export" on 5/13.  It showed up on USPS on the 19th (New York.)  It arrived in California 2 days later.

The clamping force was higher than I had expected, but it's really my first pair of headphones, so I don't have much to compare them against.

Mine came without the cutouts.  I'm not brave enough to cut them out yet.  I feel like I may in the future, though, as it seems similar to removing grills from speakers, which often has notable effect.  It just seems so permanent...scary.

On the E7/E9, I'm using all of the low gain options (1/8th socket and gain switch to low), as going above 9 o clock on the dial is too loud, unless I turn down my source.

I'll leave the sound judgements to those with more experienced ears.  It's definitely fun and impressive to listen to tracks that have very low, enveloping bass notes, though.

May 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #609 of 2,116
So from what I'm hearing, those of us ordering later shouldn't really have to worry about a huge wait time since the customs issue is resolved?  If so, that's really nice.  I had kind of expected to wait a while.

May 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #610 of 2,116
Just ordered the 011s and 003s :) SO EXCITED

Also any chance that the people experiencing 50+ wait times had actually "pre-ordered"? if so that'd explain their delays. 

May 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #611 of 2,116

Quote:
So from what I'm hearing, those of us ordering later shouldn't really have to worry about a huge wait time since the customs issue is resolved?  If so, that's really nice.  I had kind of expected to wait a while.

There has been no "official" statement from GD audio base regarding if the issue has been resolved for "future" orders. Of the 3 (that I know) of us  who have ordered yesterday will be guinea pigs to test it out.  I purchased mine in the am yesterday.  I also received an email stating my status has changed from "confirmed" to "shipped" approximately 1 hour ago.

Thank you for the information Crypt.  Care to take some pictures and if possible the non-cut area?  Thank you

May 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #612 of 2,116
No, there was an issue with Russian customs where the headphones went back and had to be sent out again. Shouldn't happen anymore.

Quote:
Just ordered the 011s and 003s :) SO EXCITED

Also any chance that the people experiencing 50+ wait times had actually "pre-ordered"? if so that'd explain their delays. 

May 22, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #613 of 2,116
Pics of the non cutout area? Mmmm...just look at post 355 and imagine them solidly filled.  Also, the coloring is darker than the photos indicate.  The wood looks almost black.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end/345#post_7420784

They appear solidly filled in the first pictures in the first post (review), too.

May 22, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #615 of 2,116
LFF's FA-011 were cut, you just have to scroll to the end of his review to see some closeups.  Mine were cut but you could tell whoever did it wasn't going for the perfect circle with his/her scissors.  Shouldn't be a huge deal, go for it.   People are even taking them out completely.

Quote:
Pics of the non cutout area? Mmmm...just look at post 355 and imagine them solidly filled.  Also, the coloring is darker than the photos indicate.  The wood looks almost black.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545368/review-fischer-audio-fa-011-off-the-deep-end/345#post_7420784

They appear solidly filled in the first pictures in the first post (review), too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back