Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Nov 2, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #31 of 2,535
Nov 2, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #32 of 2,535
Phil Wannell from Audiosanctuary responsed to my inquiry about the volume limiter:

"You have to enable Variable Line Output in the settings. This is not to be used with headphones, normally to be used when connecting to a pair of speakers or an amplifier."

The section that I highlighted in red concerns me a little. What about the balanced out jack? Is that not effected by the limiter?

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #33 of 2,535
  Phil Wannell from Audiosanctuary responsed to my inquiry about the volume limiter:

"You have to enable Variable Line Output in the settings. This is not to be used with headphones, normally to be used when connecting to a pair of speakers or an amplifier."

The section that I highlighted in red concerns me a little. What about the balanced out jack? Is that not effected by the limiter?

For an amplifier or powered speakers you would use fixed (full) output instead of variable AFAIK.
I belive there are some European owners using the variable output to drive their headphones, I don't own a XDP-100R so you might better ask this in the XDP-100R thread, 

Don't know how this affects balanced out either, the XDP-100R doesn't have balanced out, but maybe the owners of the Onkyo DP-X1 know?

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #34 of 2,535
Don't know how this affects balanced out either, the XDP-100R doesn't have balanced out, but maybe the owners of the Onkyo DP-X1 know?

OK, I posted that question in the DP-X1 thread.

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #36 of 2,535
  Guys, I'm in Canada.

Where can I buy 300R for $600 USD? 

You can't, but you can get it for $650 USD with tracked shipping included at Audiosanctuary. I was going to get one, but decided to wait for non EU units to hit the shores.

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #37 of 2,535
The XDP-300R still isn't up on Pioneer's US website yet. I contacted them, asking for an expected US release date. I'll follow up when they reply.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #40 of 2,535
  Hi all,

Does anybody know when this player will be available in the UK? I know the previous Pioneer DAP and the Onkyo DP-X1 are on Amazon but nothing on the XDP-300R yet...

It's listed on Audiosanctuary uk's site.  Not sure if that means it's in stock or not though?

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #41 of 2,535

It's listed on Audiosanctuary uk's site.  Not sure if that means it's in stock or not though?

They do have a demo unit in store, and should have units in stock by now. The owner of the store @PhilW is on Head-Fi as well, maybe he can tell us? 

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #42 of 2,535
I contacted Pioneer on Monday regarding an anticipated release date for the 300R in the USA. They never got back to me. It's possible that they have no plans to release it to the US.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #44 of 2,535
  I contacted Pioneer on Monday regarding an anticipated release date for the 300R in the USA. They never got back to me. It's possible that they have no plans to release it to the US.

Still no word on this?

I am thinking about getting me a portable setup and eyeing this XDP-300R and the new Campfire Vega. Should be a pretty good beginner setup, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back