Philips Fidelio X3
Mar 8, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #1,833 of 1,965
I think they should make and send out a new, shorter cable to those who purchased this hp!
Who the hell needs a cable this long? And the connection issues are just embarrassing...
Sound is fantastic...too bad.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,835 of 1,965
I ws going to try the X3 but have read that the highs can be harsh, grating and strident. Anyone hear this on theirs?
I have the X2 and 9500, along with the X3. I think they share the same driver and I have found that there is a tendency to be wispy and sibilant at times but not harshness per se.

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,836 of 1,965
I think they should make and send out a new, shorter cable to those who purchased this hp!
Who the hell needs a cable this long? And the connection issues are just embarrassing...
Sound is fantastic...too bad.
Well. I need a cable that long. And when I do not, I fold it up with the cable collector that came with it. I bought the HD 650 over the HD 6XX because of the cable being too dumb with the 6XX, and buying a 6XX and swapping over to the HD 650 cable would have been more expensive than just buying an HD 650 to begin with.

I am sorry about your connection issues. I have some issues with the cable, but those issues are not with connections. In contrast, the X2HR has been having connection issues with its stock cable since day 1. I hope you work it out and find a solution that works for you.

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #1,837 of 1,965
Well. I need a cable that long. And when I do not, I fold it up with the cable collector that came with it. I bought the HD 650 over the HD 6XX because of the cable being too dumb with the 6XX, and buying a 6XX and swapping over to the HD 650 cable would have been more expensive than just buying an HD 650 to begin with.

I am sorry about your connection issues. I have some issues with the cable, but those issues are not with connections. In contrast, the X2HR has been having connection issues with its stock cable since day 1. I hope you work it out and find a solution that works for you.
What do you have a remote to control volume? Your obviously far from your source\controls if you need a cable that long! Your the first person that's said anything positive about the cable.
I tried the management clip and it still isn't working for me. I'm right next to my amps.

Mar 9, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #1,838 of 1,965
What do you have a remote to control volume? Your obviously far from your source\controls if you need a cable that long! Your the first person that's said anything positive about the cable.
I tried the management clip and it still isn't working for me. I'm right next to my amps.
No, I adjust my volume with the knob.

But, let's take a step back and realise we both want the same thing, but have different ways of getting there.

I like long cables because it minimises cable nightmares. I do most of my listening with open headphones on a couch. I usually sit and read. I have gotten the cables away from floors and furniture by routing it along and behind said furniture. In particular, at my couch, the headphones come up from behind of the couch back, and then go around the head, with enough slack to not put me in exact place.
Hanging cables are not convenient with cats, cleaning or comfort for arm movement.

For me, at least. Your mileage may vary. I am not saying my way is ubiquitous or 'the best', I am just responding to your question about who needs a long cable. :)

Mar 9, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #1,839 of 1,965
No, I adjust my volume with the knob.

But, let's take a step back and realise we both want the same thing, but have different ways of getting there.

I like long cables because it minimises cable nightmares. I do most of my listening with open headphones on a couch. I usually sit and read. I have gotten the cables away from floors and furniture by routing it along and behind said furniture. In particular, at my couch, the headphones come up from behind of the couch back, and then go around the head, with enough slack to not put me in exact place.
Hanging cables are not convenient with cats, cleaning or comfort for arm movement.

For me, at least. Your mileage may vary. I am not saying my way is ubiquitous or 'the best', I am just responding to your question about who needs a long cable. :)
No problem at all friend!
I really like the way this headphone sounds, I had the X2 (twice) but returned them because they felt heavy to me. The X3 is lighter and I think sounds better but that cable is killing me. Most everyone rashes on that cable but I'm glad it works for you. I wish both connectors snapped into the cups with the same strength\tension and I would love a shorter cable but I can't seem to find one.
Great hobby

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #1,840 of 1,965
Just picked up a set of Philips Fidelio X3's from that great ongoing Woot.com deal. Amazon shipped them out in 1 day for free too.

I plugged them into my favorite iFi Zen DAC V2 using the single ended cable, which by the way isn't much longer than the one that came with my HD600's and I was not at all disappointed with the X3 performance...these are an amazing sleeper HP; I have the X2's as well and like the X3 even more, comfort and sound.

I then ordered this adapter so I could use the 2.5mm balanced cable with the 4.4mm balanced output of the Zen.

The X3 soundstage is just fantastic especially with the Chesky Binaural+ albums IMO, a couple of recommendations:

Amber Rubarth - Sessions From The 17th Ward 2012 HDtracks Binaural+ 24-96
Alexis Cole - A Kiss In The Dark 2014 Chesky Binaural+ HDtracks 24-192

Nothing like new HP fever.

Apr 10, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #1,841 of 1,965
They are very good sounding with a wide stage and great stereo separation, I still enjoy listening to them. Just pray you never need Philips for any customer service.
I have still never received a response for my cable issue...

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #1,842 of 1,965
I've got this headphone 80 dollars brand new sealed should I jump into it?

My current setup

Akg k702
Sony MDR 7610
Also Sennheiser game one

Is there any chance same sound sig as my current setup,?

May 5, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #1,845 of 1,965
I think these will go under $100 eventually. They have been discounted quickly and they messed up bad on the cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back