Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #6,451 of 6,466
sweet!! He told me that was a Special Edition with his newest , best litz design and some great quality silver. Bet it sounds great!

Gang gang

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #6,452 of 6,466
Recently took delivery of my new 7' Norne Audio Drausk cable with clear cover--and thanks to Trevor for great communication & customer service!

I recently compared the Drausk (which had been burned in ~25 hours) to my 2M ForzaAudioWorks HCP Noir cable (pictures below...wish there had been some sunlight). Both cables are balanced, with 4-pin XLR on the amp side & mini-XLRs on the headphone side. The amp is the Violectric V281; headphone is a silkwood ZMF Verite Open; music a wide range of blues, R&B, jazz, and classical.

Norne Audio Drausk + VO.jpg

Norne + FAW.jpg

Punchline: These 2 cables sound extremely similar. I’m really hard pressed to call out any sonic differences, no matter how minor. I might hear a slightly wider channel separation on the Drausk, and might hear a touch more smoothness on it. If so (and I’m not even sure), the differences are tiny. I could never tell these apart in a blind listening test...no way.

What these 2 cables have in common are these characteristics:
  • These are quite physically substantial (read “not thin”) multi-strand cables. They look thick and heavy (something I prize in cables, because I'm that kind of shallow)
  • But neither one feels thick & heavy. Quite the contrary: both feel light & supple in the hand, bend very easily, and “drape” wherever/however I want them to
  • Both cables have near-zero microphonics. I can slide them across my pants or shirt and hear nothing as a result
  • They share a refined, luminous sound I associate with fine copper cable designs: clear and shimmery highs that don’t sound piercing or edgy; a rich, wide midrange, full of spacial & sonic detail; and a natural, foundational weight in the entire bass range. Overall it's a rich, refined, musical sound...nothing ever sounds "forced."
You can’t go wrong with either cable. As high end cables go, they’re not crazy expensive (both <$500). The FAW is about 30% cheaper by length--but the Drausk is a little prettier, so we'll call it even.

Purely on the basis of looks/appearance, the Drausk takes the ribbon. It’s a beautiful cable design. The transparent covering shows off all that glittering copper wire. The interweaving of wires is tight, uniform, and very well done.

The HCP Noir has a plain black covering, but it’s also a handsome cable IMO. The interweaving of wires is slightly looser, but there’s nothing wrong with that. It looks great to me, just not quite as movie-star-pretty as the Drausk.

The only criticism I can make of the Drausk is that when you specify no price-added splitter, you actually get no splitter; whereas with the HCP Noir, when you don’t specify a price-added splitter, you get the sturdy black stock splitter. To be honest, this criticism is trivial; I got exactly what I specified w/the Drausk, which was no splitter (can’t complain about that). And the interweaving of the copper wires is so tight & well done that I don’t fear that the L vs R lead will separate further.

Finally, both ForzaAudioWorks & Norne Audio are run by extremely hardworking, dedicated owner/designers. My experience with both was very positive. Wait times can be on the long side, but in the scheme of things, it’s trivial because the cables are so worth the wait.

I can’t recommend both cables highly enough!
I love the look of this clear Drausk and would be interested in getting one for my Abyss 1266. I don't see them listed on the site any longer. Can someone give me a ballpark of what these sell for new?

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #6,453 of 6,466
Silvergarde SC5 17AWG fusion cable. Trevor's cables look and sound fantastic!

Silvergarde SC5.jpg

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #6,455 of 6,466
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #6,457 of 6,466
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #6,458 of 6,466
I love the look of this clear Drausk and would be interested in getting one for my Abyss 1266. I don't see them listed on the site any longer. Can someone give me a ballpark of what these sell for new?
~$250-$350

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #6,459 of 6,466
Silvergarde SC5 17AWG fusion cable. Trevor's cables look and sound fantastic!

Silvergarde SC5.jpg
Oh yeah, Bro. That looks fire. And I know it sounds amazing.

May 6, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #6,460 of 6,466
If anyone here has a Norne Drausk for Abyss 1266 they could part with, please let me know.

Edit: I was able to reach Trevor (he's very busy and it takes a while to get a response) and purchased 17.7 AWG clear Drausk for my Abyss 1266! Thanks to @Slackaveli for the encouragement!

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #6,461 of 6,466
Hey guys, very sorry for my long reply on the thread. I will read back and see if I missed anything soon. I wanted to once again thank everyone for the posts here and great support as always. It means a lot to me.
I am working hard to get orders out as quick as I can right now. I wanted to mention for any inquiries (status or otherwise) please email me directly (addy is listed on my site), contact me via Telegram or just reply to your original email order confirmation. My contact form on the site is being fixed at the moment so I may not receive all emails if using the contact form itself (best to email direct for right now and not use the form). So if you have not received an email reply from me, please try replying to your original confirmation email or compose a direct email from your inbox to me. With that said I am working hard to try and clear the majority of my pending orders during this week. I will reply back again soon here, thank you all very much.

May 10, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #6,462 of 6,466
rcEgNIF.jpg
xMisKJj.jpg

A Master of his craft.....

May 11, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #6,463 of 6,466
May 11, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #6,464 of 6,466
Nice colour choices
It was Trevor's idea actually. I just sent him a pic of my headphone and he picked the colors to match

Users who are viewing this thread

Back