NiceHCK Earphones (Thoughts and impressions)
May 9, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #272 of 277
My Himalaya is on its way! I'm so excited. My first mid-fi DD iem, and I love titanium in general.

Can't wait. Also grabbed some extra nozzles from Simgot and Moondrop off AliExpress because a few folks have mentioned the stock ones are short which has caused me issues with other IEMs.
Congratulations!

May 16, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #274 of 277
Just in case it comes up for any future Himalaya owners, the Kato nozzles(I bought them separately for like 8$, I don't own the Kato) fit beautifully and make the nozzle a much more appropriate length without changing the sound all that much.

May 16, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #275 of 277
Just in case it comes up for any future Himalaya owners, the Kato nozzles(I bought them separately for like 8$, I don't own the Kato) fit beautifully and make the nozzle a much more appropriate length without changing the sound all that much.
I second that.

May 22, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #276 of 277

Looking for a single-DD? I just reviewed the $66 JIALAI Carats and it's scary how competent budget DDs are these days. You're invited to read my full review here. :smile:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #277 of 277
NiceHCK Himalaya v INTUAURA Splendor II
So I have had the Splendor II burning-in for almost 100 hours. I started to get curious as to how it would compare to the Himalaya? Also I used the Himalaya to understand what was good about the INTUAURA Splendor II DSP unit, believe it or not. The way I did these tests was to use the included Splendor II cable on both IEMs, I also used the DSP adapter and regular 4.4mm out of the HiBy R3 II.

The Splendor II is less money at $259.00 and the Himalaya is regularly $329.00. The Splendor II is way lighter at 5 grams each and the Himalaya is 12 grams each.
With no DSP Adapter, stage wise the Splendor is a little more open in imaging, yet the Himalaya more defined. What was the amazing part was after 5 back and forth tests with the HiBy R3 II I started to understand the Splendor II character. And the single greatest difference (beside the stage difference) was raw with-out DSP the Splendor II bass was slightly blurry and holding less detail of bass notes compared to the Himalaya. Now the most amazing part of testing today was that the 4.4mm DSP Adapter went and energized the Splendor II bass to become more detailed and clear!

Where other than that an interesting part was the 4.4mm INTUAURA Splendor II DSP Adapter also worked fine with the NiceHCK Himalaya, though as many have thought, did reduce the Himalaya's stage. Where both IEMs are great performers, with out the DSP Adapter the Splendor II was not as detailed or defined in the bass department in comparison to the Himalaya. And overall the INTUAURA Splendor II did hold a grand stage, yet of thinner presence (in some parts) than the Himalaya. Yet it was wide and of more compressed relief than what the Himalaya normally did. But look at the bottom of the Splendor II shell in the photo. Do you see those black letters that spell out VIEW? Those are actually cut-out vents........no wonder the stage is so big, and while 100% of the time the 4.4mm adapter drank up slightly more juice than straight out of the 4.4mm HiBy R3 II output.........the bass on the Splendor II was way different, not quite approaching what the Himalaya regularly did, but closer.

All and all I can recommend what the INTUAURA Splendor II does for the money, and if the shorter nozzles of the Himalaya don't bother you, and the 12 grams (more than double the weight of the Himalaya) don't become an issue, I guess I would say.......the Himalaya is maybe slightly superior, except you pay for that superiority. Cheers!
DSC_0318.jpegasa.jpeg

Testing took place with same cable, same ear-tips and same DAP between the two. Balanced nozzles (as shown) were used with the Himalaya.

INTUAURA Splendor II Single Full-Range DD
https://www.linsoul.com/products/intuaura-splendorii
$259.00
5 grams a piece weight

Technical Details
Frequency response range

5Hz-50kHz (Free Field)

Effective frequency response range
20Hz-20kHz (IEC60318-4)

DC impedance
18Ω(土5%)

Sensitivity
125dB/Vrms @ 1kHz(3dB)

Total harmonic distortion
<0.05% @1kHz

Plug specifications
0.78mm dual pins
Cable length
1.2 meters (+0.1 meters)
Nozzle Diameter
5.8mm
Suitable Ear Tip Size
4mm to 5.5mm

NiceHCK Himalaya Single 10mm Full-Range DD
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256806504567632.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2jpn
$329.00
12 grams a piece weight

This was the song I used up to 01:32 in length in each of the back and forth tryouts, focusing on vocals, cymbal crashes and rides and finally the B3 organ and bass emphasis included.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back