Music City Mini-Whiskey-Fi Meet - Nashville Area, Saturday June 2, 2018 Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #136 of 165
Since this would be for a home system, the size of the amp doesn't matter, besides more effort to bring it to meets.[/QUOTE]

It is a load to haul around.:L3000:

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #137 of 165
The reason I bought my Yggdrasil too.

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #138 of 165
That's funny, I've read that about gear before, and it holds true in my house. Though I can't tell my children, I think the Girls would cattle on me!

Hey - a new avatar picture Kevin...you're off center in the picture, so we can't see what your left hand is doing any more ------- :)

Aug 25, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #139 of 165
There you go, JR....
You can hear Tom's Yggy + amp - a game-changing experience!

Aug 25, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #140 of 165
I need to cool my jets on what to get next, but I'm liking the chord mojo with the lcd-x but I'm curious as to what could make them sound better.
Any interest in a Meet sooner instead of later??

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #143 of 165
I have a few amps Cavalli Liquid Carbon the original one and Cavalli Tube Hybrid and Amps and Sound Kenzie all of which you could hear just pay shipping back to me. I have done this a few times so not a big deal.

Aug 25, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #144 of 165
yggy... a $2400 DAC??
and if i liked it where would I buy an AMP like Tom's.
but I do want to hear it.

Well you can't easily buy an amp like mine. It is a build it yourself amp, and the transistors are no longer available, there might be alternatives. The cavalli amp dan Clark had was similar sounding, I don't remember the model. I love my pass labs speaker amp, they make a headphone amp, though I never listened to it.

And the yggdrasil is a great dac for the price, though I want to hear the chord Dave and compare it.

Aug 25, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #145 of 165
Audeze calls my SE cable balanced, I don't know why.
is a balanced cable a big deal
i've read pros and cons

Balanced is generally a little better than single ended, the biggest benefit, which is why pro audio uses balanced systems, is that long runs of cable can be used without introducing noise. Though a balanced system is going to cost twice as much.

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #146 of 165
Don’t believe anything @kilkil says about his amp it is much better than he says. With his AKG’ it is unrivaled. Just a beautiful sounding amp. Haven’t tried anything but his AKG with it but will try a lot of others the next time he has us over. Doesn’t hurt that he likes my bourbons so I’m in.

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #147 of 165
My point was the cavalli amp is the only amp that I've heard, that I've thought was close to the quality/sound of my amp. I still like mine better.

As for your bourbon, it is excellent. You are tempting me to pour tonight. I loved the whiskey meet, I'm happy to have another similar meet.
The sunroom should be completed soon, it has taken a while due to a flood downstairs and issues with a staircase.

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #148 of 165
Stop selling your amp short it is very very good.
Any time I’m down for bourbon meet will have to bring the wife to drive me but she loved your place so not a problem.

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #149 of 165
Would anyone, besides jr and myself, be open to a whiskey/headphone meet before the march meet? If so, would October 20 be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back