Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3: Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #61 of 94
Mar 30, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #62 of 94
Loving them, though I’m going to need a bigger amp!
I don’t know if I need a different amp. I love them from the Liquid Carbon and from the Kenzie and ain’t half bad from the Cavalli Tube Hybrid. I hated them from the ifi Audio iCan. Just not not

Mar 30, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #63 of 94
Sorry WiFi died I hated them from the ifi iCan Pro. Lots of power but no soul.

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #64 of 94
Yeah - interesting specs on the 1266 Phi...only 42 ohms impedance and 88 dB/mW.
For comparison, my LCD-4 are 200 ohms and 97 dB/mW.

My reason for writing, however, is a head's up for @Wildcatsare1.
Our shop reports the Willet distributor for this area is sold out of Rowan's Creek and can't get more...
May be a good time to acquire some stock. We bourbon drinkers must stick together!

Cheers,
Dick

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #65 of 94
Sorry WiFi died I hated them from the ifi iCan Pro. Lots of power but no soul.

Good to know, that’s one of the ones I considered, off the list now. I’ll have too see if I can gimp upstairs and try the ZOTL out (as if I wasn’t crippled enough, I slipped on the hardwood floors, discovered I still can’t do the splits and dislocated my hip).

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #66 of 94
Yeah - interesting specs on the 1266 Phi...only 42 ohms impedance and 88 dB/mW.
For comparison, my LCD-4 are 200 ohms and 97 dB/mW.

My reason for writing, however, is a head's up for @Wildcatsare1.
Our shop reports the Willet distributor for this area is sold out of Rowan's Creek and can't get more...
May be a good time to acquire some stock. We bourbon drinkers must stick together!

Cheers,
Dick

That’s on “all Hands on deck” situation, but sadly I’m sidelined. Not sure I can drive with this contraption they fitted me in, think, “run Forrest, run!”

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #67 of 94
Wonderful meet, thanks to Schiit and their fantastic representative and raffle my buddy was able to win a Jotunheim. This guy came in knowing and having nothing and now has a great first step for any direction.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the meet. I appreciate that the raffle item was won by someone needing equipment.

First, let me say, less than two months after the event... it was great to see everyone and hear some really nice equipment. And meet more great people. I'm really enthused to get my project going (read, I bought some stuff, but I still need more stuff).

On the way home I was (always a dangerous thing) thinking, but have just now had time to post.
A question:
It was great Mud_Pum's friend won the raffle; over his lifetime what do you think the "free" amplifier will cost him? !!
$5K minimum is my guess.

An observation:
It will be the best money he's ever spent!

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #68 of 94
What a thought. :)
A "free" introduction to decent audio leads to a $5K expenditure and subsequent uber SQ.
Or it leads to regret...

Questions for @Wildcatsare1 - are you now out of the orthopedic brace? I hope so!
Can you find Rowan's Creek in the Lexington area? We can't get any, down here. A big bummer!
Those KY distilleries need to step up production while maintaining quality!

Oh, and Tom - how's it for you traveling less?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #69 of 94
A "free" introduction to decent audio leads to a $5K expenditure and subsequent uber SQ. Or to regret...

Questions for @Wildcatsare1 - are you now out of the orthopedic brace? I hope so!
Can you find Rowan's Creek in the Lexington area? We can't get any, down here. A big bummer!

There is a store in Lexington with Rowan’ Creek bourbon. Here is the link:http://www.totalwine.com/bourbon/sm...YEnqI941OCGyIX5XyacaAjQ9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #70 of 94
I'll give you $100 if you'll bring me a case.
And...should deliver some to Kevin - he may still be laid up with the hip.
:)

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #72 of 94
I plan to visit Nashville in late May. I will let you know if you still want some at that time.
That will be appreciated!
What we heard from the distributor was - Rowan's Creek is sold out and we don't expect to get more.
That would likely apply to the store in Lexington, as well.
So, by late May, they may be sold out as well. Could you ask them about their supply situation? That will Really be appreciated!
Thanks,
Dick Bailey
RCBinTN

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #74 of 94
A "free" introduction to decent audio leads to a $5K expenditure and subsequent uber SQ.
Or it leads to regret...

I was actually down at Vandy last weekend, had surgery early Friday morning. I’m now ready I assume my roll as Steve Austin’s sidekick. I’m not able to drive at the moment, but when I’m back on my feet, I’ll see if I can find a bottle or two of Rowan’s Creek.

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #75 of 94
Hey, @JabenZ just call or email me.
baileytn14@gmail.com
513-328-5654
Yes, I am anxious for Rowan's Creek.
ps. Kevin you should get ya' some, before it's gone!
How many bottles of Rowan’s Creek you need? I can go there this week.
I was actually down at Vandy last weekend, had surgery early Friday morning. I’m now ready I assume my roll as Steve Austin’s sidekick. I’m not able to drive at the moment, but when I’m back on my feet, I’ll see if I can find a bottle or two of Rowan’s Creek.
Kevin I can buy some and send to you. The store is very close to Nicholasville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back