MSB Link DAC II first impressions
Jul 5, 2001 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chych

The butter knife's second victim.
Well, I'm happy at what the UPS guy brought in today
smily_headphones1.gif

My MSB Link DAC II... very big and heavy... Extremely solid and durable, built like a tank.

Plugged it in and well, wow! Already I can tell big differences before the notorious burn-in period. Detail is improved everywhere and the sound is more transparent, you have the feeling of "ah I never heard this before!". Voices are clear and I can finally hear words I have never heard before (transients?). Very revealing of your source too.

Now I just need a place to put this 20 pound steel beast
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2001 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 3
Glad you like it, chych! I have one as well, and I'm very pleased w/ it. Personally, I think it's the classiest-looking piece of equipment I have. BTW, I remember you were somewhat hesitant to buy it because you were worried about rolled-off highs. How is that area meeting your expectations?

Jul 5, 2001 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 3
The highs are excellent... yes they are slightly rolled off, that or they are smoother, but whatever is happening sure helps a lot on making my bright Beyerdynamic DT831s more listenable. I no longer am deafened by extremely strong treble I previously encountered. Very detailed and clear, I am quite pleased with the DAC. Now to start thinking about those upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back