Moon Audio Reviews
Aug 7, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #16 of 328
Drew has been great working with me - I just purchased the Cary Xciter Amp and DAC, together with a Black Dragon interconnect. Drew has worked tirelessly with me, putting up with my myriad of questions (I'm still asking them!) regarding set-up, configurations, you name it! As for quality - I'll start with Drew's own specialty - the cable: all I can say is that this is probably the best looking cable I've ever seen, and it's practical as heck to boot! This pretty much surprised me, as I was expecting some bulky, unwieldy cable. It's really a work of art, and (don't tell my parents!) worth the money Drew charges for it
smily_headphones1.gif
The Cary Xciter/DAC combination is still in burn-in, but I am really impressed with it so far; a big investment for me, but really worth it - plus, it looks great in my small apartment! Best of all, though, is that Drew has endless patience; I'm embarrased to count how many questions (mostly inane) he's promptly answered, with good humor to boot.

The long and short of it is that I think Drew is a really good person to deal with (I've unfortunately dealt with some less than, shall we say, up and up folks in the audio business - but this is a Moon Audio appreciation thread, so no details
smily_headphones1.gif
Let's just say I get the distinct impression that Drew really loves audio and what he does.

Hope to continue to do business with Drew, and I strongly recommend you try out Moon-Audio if you haven't yet.

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #17 of 328
Well i just bought a Blue Dragon V3 cable for my M Audio Q40's second hand off a fellow member.And WOW!!The bass is fierce!More weight,impact and tighter without a hint of distortion.They are serious bass canons now.A little better sound stage and mids.But i have to equalize the bass down as to stop overshadowed highs.It has a 1/4 Furutech end connector(which i'm using a generic adapter to 1/8.I wonder how much adapters affect SQ?) with the other end threaded at 3.5mm for the headphone input jack.Now i have also acquired HFI-580's which i think and hope will sound good with Blue Dragons also.The stock cable will come off for a threaded 3.5mm jack.And i was also told to replace the stock conductors.Can't wait to hear how the HFI-580's sound with that bad ass cable.
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #18 of 328
Just received Grado's Flagship Headphones the PS1000 with Moon Audio's 5 foot Black Dragon Cable attached. I highly recommend doing business with Drew. He is very attentive and informative. The transaction went very smooth. Fast shipping. His Black Dragon Cable design is superb! I will be doing business with Drew from now on.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #19 of 328
Quote:

Originally Posted by yogin77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I highly recommend doing business with Drew. He is very attentive and informative...

x2!

I have done a lot of business with Drew, and I never thought to leave feedback, because I am an idiot.

His work is superb. We've done Ultrasone, AKG, and Stax stuff. Plus his modded MAudio 192 sound card is the real deal -- best computer audio purchase I have ever made. He also turned me on to iQube early, and this little gem makes my mornings a sonic delight.

Oh I forgot -- I love his Senn cable work too!

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 328
Drew re-cabled my AT W5000 w/ Black Dragon cabling. The work was cosmetically flawless and the sound is much improved over stock cable.

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #22 of 328
I forgot to mention how heavy and solid this cable is.I have no worries about the cable's in-durance,because of the high quality.Kudos to designing such a great cable!

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #23 of 328
Finally have a chance to sit down to listen to the HD600 now running with blue dragon V3 balanced. Very happy right out of the bag. My HD600's never sounded so good. Great recommendation on cables.

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #26 of 328
I bought some Blue Dragon bulk cable from Drew to use on a recable job with my Ultrasone Pro 900's. It's really nice stuff -- flexible, nicely shielded, and easy to work with. Also, Drew communicates quickly and clearly, plus he provided a package tracking link right away. I'd love to buy from Moon Audio again!

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #27 of 328
I met Drew while I was in the market for a DAC for my system. I bought the Music Hall 25.2 and it was a good upgrade, worth every cent. He gave me a great deal and excellent service. He knows his stuff. Thanks!

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #29 of 328
I bought a Blue Dragon cable v3 for Senn HD600/650 from Drew and later had the cable reterminated. His work is really top notch. He is fast at responding to emails, ships incredibly quickly, and is an all around super nice guy. Thanks Drew!

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #30 of 328
I purchased from Drew a Shanling PCD3000A CD player that was listed as a demo, having been used once at a meet.

Drew promptly answered all of my pre-purchase questions, priced the unit very fairly, and shipped it quickly.

Upon arrival, the player was in absolutely mint condition, with all manuals, paperwork, original packaging, etc. It was, in all respects, indistinguishable from new.

Needless to say, I am very pleased with all aspects of this transaction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back