MiniWatt Tube Amp (ALO dealer)
Jul 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #16 of 48
miniwattandcd.jpg

Holy crap, that's tiny!!!

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #17 of 48
My MiniWatt is driving 90db speakers until I can afford some single driver horns which are more like 94db. I get reasonable volume at 1:00 with my current set up. There is no reason this paperweight amp should sound this good.

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #18 of 48
I have finalized the MiniWatt upgrade package.

The full upgrade package has the ALO AC3 Cryo power cable and the tube upgrade.

Also comes with a pair of Weston Electric 403B tubes, and a pair of Russin Svetlana 6P1P-EV Tetrode Tubes. Tubes and power cable $185 plus SH

upgrade_tube_cable.jpg

upgrade_tubes_cable2.jpg

And there is a tube only upgrade package $45 plus SH

upgrade_tubes_cable3.jpg

I am also lining up a custom run speakers that are to be tailored for the MiniWatt! I do not want to disclose the manufacture yet but when we can hammer out the agreement I think all will be really happy. More on this very soon.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #19 of 48
Until now I had be completely uninterested in a speaker setup. But I can imagine a decent sensitive bookshelf speaker and a source could sound really awsome. iMod>Miniwatt>Speakers. This I will be watching.

Kevin

Oct 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am also lining up a custom run speakers that are to be tailored for the MiniWatt! I do not want to disclose the manufacture yet but when we can hammer out the agreement I think all will be really happy. More on this very soon.

This is very interesting, do you plan to sold a package with the speakers (nearfield i presume ?) and the miniwatt ?

This sound like a bargain for a really nice pc speakers setup, but 99$ for a Headphone Adapter is really too much especially for a 229 little amp IMHO.

Oct 21, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #26 of 48
Do you think the output voltage from an iMod (4G) is enough to drive this baby well? I've got some Omega speakers (93dB) that I'm thinking about pairing up with this little guy.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news, the Miniwatt Headphone adapters are on the way to ALO
beerchug.gif

Should have them soon....

Ken

Hey Ken - good news, I'm sure I'll get one just to hear it!

btw, are you doing any mod's to the Miniwatt (i.e., caps, etc. or the mod that the company has made to newer production models so that earlier versions could be updated?)

best,
Geoff

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ken - good news, I'm sure I'll get one just to hear it!

btw, are you doing any mod's to the Miniwatt (i.e., caps, etc. or the mod that the company has made to newer production models so that earlier versions could be updated?)

best,
Geoff

Geoff

Yes we are doing the same cap "Mod" as MiniWatt is doing. The ones we are selling are exactly the same as the ones MiniWatt is selling.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 2, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #30 of 48
I am currently using a pair of speakers that are rated at 87 dbs and 6 ohms, do you think this little gem would be adequate in a 12 x 14 room? Volume is subjective but I don't usually crank it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back