Mid Fi - General chat for all discussions and general chat a Thread for all.
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 432

PeacockObscura

Headphoneus Supremus
My attempt to find great midfi iems and sources and have good natured chat with like minded enthusiasts.
My interpretation of Midfi is a broad classification.
I see it as above ultra budget and below summitfi
Others may want to set their own interpretation

The rules are there are no rules just be kind and accepting of others opinions.

I'm an avid collector of all things midfi and having visited the heady heights of the summit fi groups want to encourage discussion on generally affordable options on the market.

Input is encouraged for all levels of audiophile users to help spread the knowledge we have all gained in this rabbit hole.
Picture for attention,
The Alpha Omega RA from a boutique brand from Malaysia
https://www.alphaomegaciem.com/ra

Alpha Omega RA-1 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 432
20240325_140028~2.jpg

The Miroak-II Kalimantan, another boutique brand this time from Japan a one man operation who hand makes all the iems. All versions are single DD iems with a choice of different materials for faceplate which effect the sound signature.
The version I have is a superb, dynamic sounding iem with very clean and forward mids and big bass giving a visceral playback that really works with my library of classic rock.
https://blog.634ears.com/en/

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 432
The Ra looks so pretty and all the shells I've seen are unique. The 634 Ears iems also look very unique and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

My recent mid-fi discovery was the $450 iFi GO bar Kensei which is just a phenomenal dongle DAC.

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 432
Following :)

I ordered the Symphonium Titan yesterday from headphones.com and they should be shipping tomorrow the 12th.

Super excited to hear these. I must admit I fell for the hype. 🫣

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 432
Howdy! I am excited for the new Crin Dusk and its new in-cable DAC/amp system. USB C cables for IEMs are very convenient, especially for folks like myself where the Air Pods Pros are uncomfortable. LCDi4 was the last IEM system that used such technology (but with Lightning), and it worked very well.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 432
Howdy! I am excited for the new Crin Dusk and it's new in cable DAC/amp system. USB C cables for IEMs are very convenient, especially for folks like myself where the Air Pods Pros are uncomfortable. LCDi4 was the last IEM system that used such technology (but with Lightning), and it worked very well.
The Moondrop May also comes with the DSP cable.

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 432
Following :)

I ordered the Symphonium Titan yesterday from headphones.com and they should be shipping tomorrow the 12th.

Super excited to hear these. I must admit I fell for the hype. 🫣

Ja, same same mon ami 🥳

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 432
I am looking forward to the Dunu Da Vinci. Hope to get early impressions soon. When are they officially out?

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #9 of 432
I am looking forward to the Dunu Da Vinci. Hope to get early impressions soon. When are they officially out?
Not sure when they will be released. I'm hoping to get a review pair and be able to share impressions.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #11 of 432
My attempt to find great midfi iems and sources and have good natured chat with like minded enthusiasts.
My interpretation of Midfi is a broad
$200--$1500
Of course yours may differ if so please share.

The rules are there are no rules just be kind and accepting of others opinions.

I'm an avid collector of all things midfi and having visited the heady heights of the summit fi groups want to encourage discussion on generally affordable options on the market.

Input is encouraged for all levels of audiophile users to help spread the knowledge we have all gained in this rabbit hole.
Picture for attention,
The Alpha Omega RA from a boutique brand from Malaysia
https://www.alphaomegaciem.com/ra

Alpha Omega RA-1 - Copy.jpg
Following!

Though you made me feel poor. I thought $1000 and up is highend 😂

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #12 of 432
Heya! I wholeheartly recommend the Timsok Ts-316, if you have a replacement cable already available. It sounds really good.
The Dusk is on its' way right now, will see how I like it. The DSP cable and especially the app has some quirks and I am not sure I trust moondrops manufacturing tolerances that much... But if I like the sound, I'll keep it. Will post an update here for sure.
Otherwise, the Sennheiser IE 600 is still a great option in my opinion.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #14 of 432
modern music so I might be missing something if others have suggestions.
New out today debut album from band English Teacher - This Could Be Texas:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back