Luxman P-1 loaner program
Mar 19, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #121 of 141
WTH???

I didn't get any power cords, nor did I get an instruction manual in English
confused_face(1).gif

Why should there be any inconsistency?

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #122 of 141
I did get the Luxman power cord but I don't believe I received the English manual. Aaron, I may have an extra Luxman pc (forgot who gave it to me). If you can't get one from Todd or the distributor, let me know.

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #124 of 141
I just wanted to chime in real quick and remind those who are reading this thread that the P1 shipped straight from the manufacturer. TTVJ simply "booked" the order. In other words, I don't want people mislead to think that Todd was responsible for some discrepancies in packaging (the english manual and the cables).

I guess the English manual was an afterthought, because if I took pictures of it, it is clear that it was printed from a personal inkjet printer. It came bound in a simple clear-cover report file (like the ones you purchase at any office supply store).

As for the cables, I imagine Luxman wanted to provide their own cable, but threw in the one that came with the "American-volt" power supply as well. That's my theory.

Mar 19, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #125 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...TTVJ simply "booked" the order. In other words, I don't want people mislead to think that Todd was responsible for some discrepancies in packaging (the english manual and the cables).

Of course not. I think most people involved in this thread know and love Todd.
My concern is the inconsistencies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaron, I may have an extra Luxman pc (forgot who gave it to me). If you can't get one from Todd or the distributor, let me know.

Thanks Mike. I am using one of my "snake oil" quality cords. I just want to get whatever the Jones' get, to you know, keep up.

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #129 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice advertisement for a big box store but no pics.

There is a download link in the link I put up. Try again. it's worked fine for everyone else. You can't see the pics on the link, but you can download the ZIP file showing everything. Jude will be putting up the pics on flickr, so you can wait for that instead.

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #135 of 141
To Jude and Jim,

I'm pretty sure you guys are right about my late start problems being related to the Luxman being plugged into the PS Audio P-500.
I've had it directly plugged into a passive surge protector ever since and the P-1 comes on consistantly between 10-12 seconds. I would have never even thought that the regenerator was the culprit.
You guys saved me both time and money, stopping me from sending the unit in and over for repair. I salute you
beerchug.gif

That was much better advice than "what's the best headphones for under $25"
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back