Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Sep 14, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #3,361 of 3,408
so I've seen a lot of people talking about using 6ak5 tubes with little dot stuff but I haven't been able to find any adapters besides dual 6ak5 to single e88cc etc. (I have a mk3 SE) is there something I am missing or a diy kit to make one easily?

Sep 14, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #3,362 of 3,408
Regarding the previous threads about 6SN7 to 6CG7 adapter, when I contacted Little Dot, they mentioned I would need 6SN7 to ECC88
Are these equivalent? I've not seen on the threads ECC88 listed anywhere, but I have seen the 6CG7 talked about. Its for the Little Dot MKiii

Also, regarding C3G to 6AK5, what is the jumper setting A or B to use? (EF95 or EF92) ?

Thanks again

Sep 14, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #3,363 of 3,408
Regarding the previous threads about 6SN7 to 6CG7 adapter, when I contacted Little Dot, they mentioned I would need 6SN7 to ECC88
Are these equivalent? I've not seen on the threads ECC88 listed anywhere, but I have seen the 6CG7 talked about. Its for the Little Dot MKiii
6922/ECC88/6DJ8/E88CC/E188CC/7308/E288CC are the sockets supported so guessing the pining is different for GCG7
^MK3 SE
EF92, CV131, WE403A/B, GE5654, M8100, CV4010, EF95, 6JI as well as all equivalents to these vacuum tubes!
^according to Little Dots product form for normal MK3

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #3,364 of 3,408
so I've seen a lot of people talking about using 6ak5 tubes with little dot stuff but I haven't been able to find any adapters besides dual 6ak5 to single e88cc etc. (I have a mk3 SE) is there something I am missing or a diy kit to make one easily?
I think the 6ak5 is a drop in replacement for the 5654 so doesn't need an adaptor. http://www.r-type.org/exhib/abh0022.htm

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #3,366 of 3,408

Also, regarding C3G to 6AK5, what is the jumper setting A or B to use? (EF95 or EF92) ?

Thanks again
The jumper setting for the C3g to 6AK5 adaptor is EF95.

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #3,372 of 3,408
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but please remove if I can't but I'd like to sell my duplicate tubes for my Little dot. I only want what I paid for them as I need space. I've tried them all and they work ok. They are all variants of EF91s of various vintage makes versions and a couple of 6SN7GTs and make for interesting listening. Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #3,373 of 3,408
Does anyone have recommendations for shields for the tubes that are compatible with the MK3? Or maybe even a full steel enclosure? I get a lot of feedback from my wifi router and my cellphone that the amp easily picks up and it creates a background ticking that really bothers me. If I place my hand over the tubes, the ticking goes completely away. I've looked into individual steel based covers that seem to fit the smaller tubes but not the driver tubes.

Anyone have success with this or recommendations?

Nov 14, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #3,374 of 3,408
Does anyone have recommendations for shields for the tubes that are compatible with the MK3? Or maybe even a full steel enclosure? I get a lot of feedback from my wifi router and my cellphone that the amp easily picks up and it creates a background ticking that really bothers me. If I place my hand over the tubes, the ticking goes completely away. I've looked into individual steel based covers that seem to fit the smaller tubes but not the driver tubes.

Anyone have success with this or recommendations?
A quick look on eBay shows a lot of offerings for vacuum tube shields but I do not have any personal experience.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr....m570.l1313&_nkw=vacuum+tube+shields&_sacat=0
What I did myself with other amps was to take aluminum foil and shape it around the tubes. Not pretty, but sometimes helped. There is something called a Faraday cage - basically a metal cage. If you have a metal pen holder cup or similar you could put it over the tubes to see if it helps.
I know of somebody who took a paperback and leaned it against the tube and it helped!
Or plugging in the offending router a distance away if possible....

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #3,375 of 3,408
A quick look on eBay shows a lot of offerings for vacuum tube shields but I do not have any personal experience.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr....m570.l1313&_nkw=vacuum+tube+shields&_sacat=0
What I did myself with other amps was to take aluminum foil and shape it around the tubes. Not pretty, but sometimes helped. There is something called a Faraday cage - basically a metal cage. If you have a metal pen holder cup or similar you could put it over the tubes to see if it helps.
I know of somebody who took a paperback and leaned it against the tube and it helped!
Or plugging in the offending router a distance away if possible....

Hey thanks for the idea on the aluminum foil. Times are tough and I can hide the amp for now with the foil while I search for a more permanent solution like a Faraday cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back