IEMs under $300 to replace Moondrop Aria
Jun 27, 2023 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

zzud

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I wanted to upgrade my pair of Arias and I've set the budget to about $300. Obviously I'd prefer something near $200.
I listen to mostly Hip-hop but I dabble into everything else too.
My preferred sound signature is warm/not lifeless.
I was hoping to find something that sounded more spacious so to say.
I found these 3 options so far:
  • Yanyin Aladdin - $245 - I've read these are a good all-rounder
  • 7HZ Timeless - $225 - They are supposedly the GOAT of IEMs within my budget but I've heard they can be fatiguing and also that planars in general are on the lifeless side.
  • Softears Volume - $285 - I've read some good reviews of these.
Lemme know if there's anything I should know about these 3 and feel free to mention some other choices.

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 10
The Timeless is indeed somewhat fatiguing, and comfort can be an issue. The Volume is very similar in sound to the Blessing 2 Dusk, comfort is miles better than the Dusk and included packaging and accessories make it feel like a premium iem.

Have not heard the Aladdin but the Canon used is a solid option under $300. Does just about everything well. Another $300 option is the Penon Serial, which is certainly warm, just lacks some top end sparkle.

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 10
Hi,
I wanted to upgrade my pair of Arias and I've set the budget to about $300. Obviously I'd prefer something near $200.
I listen to mostly Hip-hop but I dabble into everything else too.
My preferred sound signature is warm/not lifeless.
I was hoping to find something that sounded more spacious so to say.
I found these 3 options so far:
  • Yanyin Aladdin - $245 - I've read these are a good all-rounder
  • 7HZ Timeless - $225 - They are supposedly the GOAT of IEMs within my budget but I've heard they can be fatiguing and also that planars in general are on the lifeless side.
  • Softears Volume - $285 - I've read some good reviews of these.
Lemme know if there's anything I should know about these 3 and feel free to mention some other choices.

If you like a warm fun sounding set, check out the Sony XBA N3.

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 10
The Timeless is indeed somewhat fatiguing, and comfort can be an issue. The Volume is very similar in sound to the Blessing 2 Dusk, comfort is miles better than the Dusk and included packaging and accessories make it feel like a premium iem.

Have not heard the Aladdin but the Canon used is a solid option under $300. Does just about everything well. Another $300 option is the Penon Serial, which is certainly warm, just lacks some top end sparkle.
Canon does seem like a decent choice. They are a bit pricey though. Sounds like Volume is winning right now!

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 10
Canon does seem like a decent choice. They are a bit pricey though. Sounds like Volume is winning right now!
They're not too hard to find for $150-185 used.

Jun 28, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 10
You can post a want to buy here, if you have access to classifieds. If not, on Reddit r/AVexchange is where the last one was sold.

Sub $200, I like the Letshuoer S12 Pro and Penon Fan (not Fan 2). I'm sure there are more interesting and recent options, I'm not super into the iem game.

Jul 5, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #10 of 10
IMHO the Yanyin Aladdin are known for their balanced sound signature and overall good performance. They offer a warm and smooth sound, which should work well for your preference of a non-lifeless sound.

The 7HZ Timeless is praised for its clarity and detail retrieval, making it highly regarded in its price range. However, some people find the sound signature to be on the brighter side, which might not align with your preference for a warm sound.

The Softears Volume is known for its excellent sound quality and impressive technical performance. They have a balanced sound signature with good clarity and detail retrieval.

Thoughts on the Moondrop Blessing 2, IKKO OH10, or the Final Audio E4000? They could fit what you're looking for,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back