HiFiMan Susvara
May 19, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #25,774 of 26,000
May 19, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #25,775 of 26,000
May 19, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #25,776 of 26,000
This new HFM flagship rumor came out of nowhere, and my curiosity is definitely piqued. I was a bit ambivalent about attending CanJam SoCal this fall, but if the reviews are enthusiastic, I may have to head down and check it out. :relaxed:

May 19, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #25,777 of 26,000
This new HFM flagship rumor came out of nowhere, and my curiosity is definitely piqued. I was a bit ambivalent about attending CanJam SoCal this fall, but if the reviews are enthusiastic, I may have to head down and check it out. :relaxed:
I heard the rumor right before munich high end, but was then dissappointed to not see it there.

It was supposedly shown to selected reviewers

May 19, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #25,778 of 26,000
it's lots of quality current that is need from the Amp to make the Susvara's sing. And I am afraid that such Amps that can provide such a current output are expensive.
High current, you say? Let me talk to you about tubes...... :wink:

I tried the DCS Lina stack with the Susvara.....to my ears massively overpriced mid-fi set-up !
After demoing DCS a few times in the past few years I've come to understand that DCS's magic is that it really does sound different than anything else out there. There's really something to their ring dac technology. Now, whether you LIKE that difference or not is totally subjective, but given that it stands alone in a sea of sameness sort of justifies the cost in my mind.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #25,779 of 26,000
Had no clue Hifiman had a new flagship in the works.. very interesting to hear indeed.

May 19, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #25,780 of 26,000
Had no clue Hifiman had a new flagship in the works.. very interesting to hear indeed.
Interesting, but recent events with Focal, Meze, & Audeze suggest you should approach with skepticism. Newer isn't always better. I mean, other than making it more sensitive for better amp compatibility, what could they really improve?

May 19, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #25,781 of 26,000
when I was at canjam I was told by a susvara rep there was going to be a new model that was easier to drive but not better in terms of sound quality...

May 19, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #25,782 of 26,000
when I was at canjam I was told by a susvara rep there was going to be a new model that was easier to drive but not better in terms of sound quality...
If it's just that it would be super boring dor those with potent amps

May 19, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #25,783 of 26,000
For $8k, the new pair of TOTL cans from Hifiman better be astounding. I hate that $8k is becoming the new standard for TOTL cans. Sh!t is really getting out of hand. But, it makes sense from a business perspective. If the new Hifiman really is better than the Sus, then it should cost more, right? It makes sense logically, but we'll see how it works in actuality. I'm expecting great things. I am expecting it to be $2k better than the Sus. I'll wait on reviews first though. Hifiman has outrageous pricing for sh!t. It doesn't mean anything. Like the R10P was $5.5k and it definitely wasn't worth that cost. I'm skeptical of Hifiman to some degree. The Sus is amazing, so they know what they are doing (or at least some of the time), but they have a history. We shall see what impressions are

May 19, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #25,784 of 26,000
Interesting, but recent events with Focal, Meze, & Audeze suggest you should approach with skepticism. Newer isn't always better. I mean, other than making it more sensitive for better amp compatibility, what could they really improve?

The expansiveness in staging could improve. Subbass could improve, resolution could also improve. It's great at all of those things, but there are some other TOTLs that outperform it in those regards. Obviously, its balance and completeness are really where it shines, so it doesn't really "need" anything. But am I all here for a successor some point soon? Absolutely.

With the gear I have and have heard, I just don't ascribe to the common notion that it doesn't get better than the Sus/Tc as some others do.

I do remember talk of this. Far less interested if so, but would totally understand releasing an easier to power Susvara.

May 19, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #25,785 of 26,000
For $8k, the new pair of TOTL cans from Hifiman better be astounding. I hate that $8k is becoming the new standard for TOTL cans. Sh!t is really getting out of hand. But, it makes sense from a business perspective. If the new Hifiman really is better than the Sus, then it should cost more, right? It makes sense logically, but we'll see how it works in actuality. I'm expecting great things. I am expecting it to be $2k better than the Sus. I'll wait on reviews first though. Hifiman has outrageous pricing for sh!t. It doesn't mean anything. Like the R10P was $5.5k and it definitely wasn't worth that cost. I'm skeptical of Hifiman to some degree. The Sus is amazing, so they know what they are doing (or at least some of the time), but they have a history. We shall see what impressions are
Well, They could price it at $6500 and copy Audeze in what they did from the LCD-4 to the LCD-5 (going from $4000 to $4500 retail.) Or, do what Abyss has done with the new Diana DZ and go $500USD below the previous flagships price. They would win a ton of community favour by doing so, and that may actually be a prudent decision given that everyone seems to be tightening their purse strings with regards to non essential purchases with the way inflation and cost of living are going.

I have no idea really, I don't even know if the talk of a new flagship coming is true. TBD , I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back