Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer
May 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #46 of 48
I sent Hifiman a PM expressing my interest - they replied promptly saying they're working on an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). Seems reasonable enough that they want to protect certain aspects of their design, perhaps the NDA will also protect those designers who don't want others to copy their efforts. So I think maybe its a little premature to write the thread off just yet, let's wait and see...

Jul 12, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #47 of 48
I think many people are missing the point. This is an opportunity for somebody with some talent, likely previously unrealized to have a shot at getting some exposure in a growing industry niche that they otherwise would never get. People should be glad it isn't being that widely publicized. Think about people who develop freeware and shareware. They can easily invest thousands of hours all for no guarantee of anything, just the shot at being noticed by a shop that may say you've got talent and we can use a person like you. HFM is offering such an opportunity to you, and they did indicate that they are very open to the idea of partnership. There is nothing stopping a designer for drafting their own legal agreement that will protect them and propose that to HFM as accompanying their entry. If the entry won then they could sit down and really talk turkey.

Sure HFM is looking to get a good deal on an amp design, what company wouldn't want that? I say this is a great opportunity for somebody as we all know that HFM is making some serious strides toward mainstream acceptance and if they get there it will be happy days for those who were part of the building process. Yes I know I am painting a best-case scenario, but why not be optimistic? There is enough doom and gloom and negativity in the world as is so I am looking at a half-full glass.

Dec 29, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #48 of 48
Hi,

i know this is an old Thread. But i have a 802 and i´m willing to build my own amp card based on Ti´s LME-49600. Are there any informations about the Pinout from the amp card.

BR, Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back