HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
May 6, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #541 of 635
I am the happy owner of R8 II

I like the Z1R, but I did not find the synergy with the R8 II successful. There is too much bass. The mids, which are already covered, are pushed further into the background.

Why does speaking my mind weaken the forum? I guess all that matters is your opinion?
so which iems sound good with r8ii?

May 6, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #542 of 635
so which iems sound good with r8ii?
I felt in love with IMR Enigma. R8 II provide something magic to the AMT driver, it's hard to find out that kind mids in other iems.
UPD. They annihilate MEST 2. Put on classifiens day 1 after receiving, but it also subjective because somebody may prefer V shaped sound.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #545 of 635
It can be any iem that is not sub-bass focused.
Actually I have the Scarlet mini and it does sound good given its sub-bass focused with the R8ii the bass is chill. Since I’m a basshead I pair the Scarlet with the R6P2 are its emphasis on sub-bass for the ultimate slamming. Any iem with the R8ii sounds good and dynamic even the GAEA but you may not like the synergy 🔈

May 6, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #546 of 635
I do not recommend. R6 proII is a better match for Z1R. R8II demands a better iem.
Thank you for your input @leylandi, I have a fairly decent collection of IEMs. The Z1R does things a bit differently than everything else in my collection. I tend to reach for them a lot. So, I'd take my chances on that pairing. I thought I'd ask because the blue R8II is calling my name and you posted that picture with the Z1R. I appreciate your insight!

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #550 of 635
Man with the R6P2 I only use class AB, I don’t bother because I don’t hear that much of a difference and improves the battery life. I’d recommend UM Mest 2 it offers really good dynamics, bass, clarity, detail. Holographic soundstage AF but I don’t know if you can handle that spicy treble. Sounds good with the R8ii and R6P2. Good luck finding great iems at CanJam.

May 6, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #551 of 635
Email HiBy, I'm sure they'll send you one.

This is the 1st thing I've done and they say it is impossible. That's why I was asking here if someone does not you use them and agree to sell at least one to me.
@Joe Bloggs Do you think you can help me to get extra port protector films ?

May 7, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #552 of 635
@Joe Bloggs Do you think you can help me to get extra port protector films ?
the word was that the original films were made in lockstep with actual R8ii units with no spares. But that may be changing soon.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 7, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #553 of 635
Youre joking ,right? The ierz1r plays better with the sp3000 than with the r8 ii so he demands a better dap not the opposite, you are totaly wrong, is this kind of statments that turn this forum very weak

Is not me opinion that matters of course not , but i am not deaf, i eard r8ii and sp3000 side by side, the sp3000 is clearly better, and the ierz1r shows that, is not an opinion is a fact, of course that is allways someone else saying the oposite but is because of that , that exists the wrong and the right
If we bring facts (you know, those aliens that eat audiophiles for breakfast) into this discussion, let it be known as "fact" that none of these DAPs measure more than a 0.001% of anything apart from each other and nobody should credibly be able to hear a whit's difference between them. Especially when people (none of whom are deaf) prefer worse measuring products over better measuring ones all the time.

Except for the fact that the Z1R has a rather drastic impedance dip in the treble which may mean that the SP3000 with a balanced OI of 0.3 ohm may drive them to sound more trebly than something like the R8ii with 2 ohms balanced OI, which lesser ears can easily mistake for more detail.

This can be offset a thousandfold with a mere twitch of the finger on the MSEB, never mind what the DRX10K can bring to bear on actual dynamics.

I think, that's the end of all anyone here wants to deal with pesky "facts" for the day. Or the century.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 7, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #554 of 635
If we bring facts (you know, those aliens that eat audiophiles for breakfast) into this discussion, let it be known as "fact" that none of these DAPs measure more than a 0.001% of anything apart from each other and nobody should credibly be able to hear a whit's difference between them. Especially when people (none of whom are deaf) prefer worse measuring products over better measuring ones all the time.

Except for the fact that the Z1R has a rather drastic impedance dip in the treble which may mean that the SP3000 with a balanced OI of 0.3 ohm may drive them to sound more trebly than something like the R8ii with 2 ohms balanced OI, which lesser ears can easily mistake for more detail.

This can be offset a thousandfold with a mere twitch of the finger on the MSEB, never mind what the DRX10K can bring to bear on actual dynamics.

I think, that's the end of all anyone here wants to deal with pesky "facts" for the day. Or the century.
Priceless ... :laughing:

May 7, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #555 of 635
Can't wait to hear this with my IER-Z1R's. I like Blue, the specs look lovely and it's been a few years since my last Hiby DAPs. Looking forward to being pleasantly surprised and just enjoying my music. Thank you Hiby Engineers, Researchers, & Developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back