HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Jan 25, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #436 of 677
Just purchased the M300. Apologies if this has been answered but I'm not going to scroll through and read pages of comments just incase.
Forums exist so people can learn from others. If you can’t be bothered to search for the answers to your questions (which are answered in this thread), I’m not sure why anyone would be bothered to answer them again just for you 🤷‍♂️

Read Joe Bloggs’ posts 🙏

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #437 of 677
Just purchased the M300. Apologies if this has been answered but I'm not going to scroll through and read pages of comments just incase.

I take it the M300 doesn't do the normal variation regarding bitrate/sample rates of your native files and formats? A standard 44kHz 16bit flac rip to a 192kHz 24bit to a DSD64 all remain the same colour on the little led indicator light. Doesn't matter if I use UAPP, the Fiio Music app or the Hiby App. For the UAPP I have mirrored the settings on my Hiby r6 pro ii. The r6 led light changes colour accordingly while the M300 stays the same. As the above comment stated the M300 upsamples to 24bit/192kHz and the led colour light does correspond with that on my r6 Pro ii when playing a native 24bit/192kHz file via UAPP.

I'm not that fussed about what looks like system wide upsampling but I am curious if this will remain or change to mirror the native file sample rates via any firmware updates? If the led light isn't going to change then there's little point having it as a feature.

Lastly, does anyone here own the Sony A306 (uncapped version) and the Hiby M300? I am still considering getting a Japanese uncapped A306, provided the software/UI isn't too laggy and there is zero noise floor with IEMs (Fiio FH3, JD7 & Sennheiser IE600). There is no hiss at all on the M300. I think Sony products will last longer. I have a Hiby r5 gen 2 and the 3.5 jack went on it in less than a year and that was without me using it frequently. Very poor. To be fair, the other Hiby DAPs I have are all working fine but they are all newer.
I hear no plans of changing the way M300 samples in that manner. It's good that you have read through the thread regarding this issue.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 26, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #438 of 677
Hi all

For USB-C digital output and Apple Music HiRes:

has anyone connected M300 to external USB DAC and confirm correct automatic sample rate switching works properly?

Or everything is output at fixed sample rate ?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #441 of 677
Noticed that Hiby has updated their W3 Bluetooth dongle. The W3-II ($49 on sale at the Hiby Store) is built around a CS43131--same DAC-Amp as the M300-- and a QCC5125 BT chip with support for HD codecs, including aptX HD, LDAC and Hiby proprietary UAT (not supported by the M300 AFAIK).
The app ("Hiby Blue", Android for the M300, but also available for iOS) gives you control of various parameters of the W3 and, always interesting to me, includes a 5-band EQ which can be used independently or in addition to HibyMusic EQ / PEQ / MSEB (or the geeky RootlessJamesDSP + @Joe Bloggs fantastic DRX10k :ksc75smile:).

I have the previous W3 (AKM4377), and like it: it is very small, has a shirt clip, and it allows me to "cut the wire" of wired IEMs when on the go with the M300 or my iPhone. I have the W3-II on order but haven't received it yet.

Does the W3-II compete with say a Qudelix 5K or a Fiio BTR15? ......No.... but at $49 !!! :ksc75smile:

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #442 of 677
For the sake of anyone, i got the Aptx Adaptive to work only by doing factory reset of the DAP after last firmware upgrade.
Me too......And the sound is noticeably better, fuller than with SBS > Bose QuietComfort Ultra buds...the sound to me is fantastic. On the plane in Immersion Mode, ANC on......the sound surpassed my expectations by far.

Attachments

• IMG_5403.jpeg
    IMG_5403.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #443 of 677
Just got mine. so far I'm liking it a lot with musicolet. the screen is tiny but everything seems to fit well. navigating through my library is fast and slick. Comparing the sound to my first dap (Surfans F20) it seems that here I have less piercing peaks, which is pleasing to me. I loved the construction and the color (I got the blue one). It seems well made.

I'm looking to buy a case for it, but upon search on aliexpress I get a lot of results that seems the same case, but from different stores. I don't know those stores so should I buy from the store that has made more sells or another specific one?
'hiby m300 case - Compre hiby m300 case com envio grátis no AliExpress version' - 30.01.2024 -...png

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #446 of 677
hiby is selling a case for the m300 now
https://store.hiby.com/products/m300-silicone-case
So I guess that would be the better place
But I wonder which store would be the best if you insist on buying on ali express
Funny: 3 Days ago I ordered a silicon case from Amazon for....$29.00
After reading your post I followed the link and the HiBy site was down, so I thought to see if Amazon had...HOLY $#)! the one I bought is now $9.00 and its THE case I canceled and re-ordered. THANK YOU houaiss for posting !!!

When I went back to HiBy online, got in, checked the price ..... $ 5.00 LOL. because of free freight, sticking it to me sticking with the $9. Amazon order.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #447 of 677
Hi all!

You think it's worth it to turn off the hiby m300 when you are not going to use it for long periods of times? Like when you are sleeping all night or when working all morning?
I imagine the downside of turning off would be the that this action consumes battery and you have to wait to turn in again

Feb 1, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #448 of 677
Funny: 3 Days ago I ordered a silicon case from Amazon for....$29.00
After reading your post I followed the link and the HiBy site was down, so I thought to see if Amazon had...HOLY $#)! the one I bought is now $9.00 and its THE case I canceled and re-ordered. THANK YOU houaiss for posting !!!

When I went back to HiBy online, got in, checked the price ..... $ 5.00 LOL. because of free freight, sticking it to me sticking with the $9. Amazon order.
Hi, Saraguie! No problem! I'm glad to read that my comment helped you!

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #449 of 677
@Joe Bloggs, I was playing with RootlessJamesDSP and DRX10 on the M300 + XOE (w/ convolver enabled): is it supposed to work with USB-C IEMs, dongles, DACs? I also have a XOE USB and RootlessJamesDSP does nothing… which I think makes sense, but wanted to confirm. Tks!

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #450 of 677
Random question: can the M300 stream via Chromecast? I'd test this myself if I did have a Chromecast, but nope...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back