Help me find the perfect sub-$150 dynamic driver IEM
Apr 29, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #16 of 32
Kefine Delci? Both tuning and technical preferences tend to get muddled in this price point, since both can have a massive impact on your listening experience, so it's hard to place a hard value on either when it comes to subjective enjoyment.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #18 of 32
How's the Oriveti OD200? Ignore the price for now.

I think it is overrated. Not bad, but there are other single DDs in the similar price ballpark that are better technically:
eg Simgot EA1000 (it has an added PR but operates mostly as a single DD).
eg DUNU Falcon Ultra
eg Tanchjim Origin

The OD200 has 2 tuning nozzles. The black nozzle is practically not usable as it is a shoutfest icepick in the ears. The other silver nozzle is not so shouty but has compromises in resolution. This silver one is what most consumers end up sticking to.

Oriveti OD200.jpg

8 kHz is a coupler artefact peak.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #20 of 32
I think it is overrated. Not bad, but there are other single DDs in the similar price ballpark that are better technically:
eg Simgot EA1000 (it has an added PR but operates mostly as a single DD).
eg DUNU Falcon Ultra
eg Tanchjim Origin

The OD200 has 2 tuning nozzles. The black nozzle is practically not usable as it is a shoutfest icepick in the ears. The other silver nozzle is not so shouty but has compromises in resolution. This silver one is what most consumers end up sticking to.

Oriveti OD200.jpg
8 kHz is a coupler artefact peak.
Many of the EA1000 reviews mention spicy trebles, which I must avoid.

May 1, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #22 of 32
Final E5000?
They're floating around for really good prices used.

Might be a lil too smooth and needs quite a bit of power to really shine. What source are you using?

Currently I use a USB DAC (iBasso DC03 Pro or a couple others in the same class) with a PC behind it. I also use a LG V30 phone, and have a portable amp strapped to it.

Nuance on the internet:

1714586127031.png

May 1, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 32
Currently I use a USB DAC (iBasso DC03 Pro or a couple others in the same class) with a PC behind it. I also use a LG V30 phone, and have a portable amp strapped to it.

Nuance on the internet:

1714586127031.png
You’ll definitely need the amp to drive it. Will sound veiled without enough power.

May 1, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #25 of 32
Tangzu Xuan vs Kefine Delci?

Xuan Nu is bassy warm and analoguish sounding. Quite lowFI in terms of technicalities

Delci is U-shaped with big bass, good soundstage and better technical chops than the Xuan Nu.

May 2, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #28 of 32
There is Seekreal airship which corrects Olina's errors (good bass but hollow). Fiio jd7 is still a FANTASTIC iem, but it is end of life, its hard to find. And i heard good thing for Tinhifi T5S. Simgot is terrible for rock (electric guitar is extremely aggressive with simgot 1000 and 500).
Yes, I know, head-fi means a new toy every week but I like my old toys...

May 2, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #29 of 32
I have a bunch of DD IEMs that do almost everything right, but each has a characteristic I dislike. Can you help me find something that will resolve this predicament?

Dunu Titan S: not enough bass
Tin T4: too much treble
KZ DQ6: bass is flatulent
7Hz Salnotes Zero: veiled, not enough sparkle
Tripowin Olina: almost perfect, I guess it's not super exciting and could use a little bit more of everything
Blon BL-03: doesn't fit

Among the non-DD IEMs I've tried, I've liked the KZ BA-10, BQEYZ Spring 1, Sen-fur Deet-6, Ikko OH-10.

A perfect IEM would have the T4's detail, the Olina's sound stage and timbre, the DQ6's warmth, and the Titan's treble.

Does such a thing exist? I'm looking specifically for DD, not hybrid.
1. Simgot Em6L
2. Aria 2
3. Truthear Red (with the included adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back