Headphone magazines
Jan 1, 2008 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jclyle

500+ Head-Fier
I think the answer to this question is 'no', but are there any PRINT magazines that cover headphones and headphone amps?

Jan 1, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 13
Jan 2, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 13
I have not seen any either. But it would certainly be awesome to have a magazine dedicated for just headphones and related equipment.

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not seen any either. But it would certainly be awesome to have a magazine dedicated for just headphones and related equipment.

I've thinking the same thing today. There's certainly enough CDP's amps, and headphones out there to fill a monthly magazine.

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 13
Some would say of course, that Head-Fi IS the content in many ways.

I though would love to be involved in such a project. I love writing up stuff. It could be run on the lines of ToneAudio or AffordableAudio. As an online mag, PDFs. I don't think that print is really an option for such a, frankly, niche, readership.

Don't even need sponsorship or advertising or anything I guess, because there's free file hosting services available. Could be done as a quarterly magazine with regular and contributed content.

I am more and more keen about this the more I think about it.

Jan 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some would say of course, that Head-Fi IS the content in many ways.

I though would love to be involved in such a project. I love writing up stuff. It could be run on the lines of ToneAudio or AffordableAudio. As an online mag, PDFs. I don't think that print is really an option for such a, frankly, niche, readership.

Don't even need sponsorship or advertising or anything I guess, because there's free file hosting services available. Could be done as a quarterly magazine with regular and contributed content.

I am more and more keen about this the more I think about it.

That sounds like a great idea. I think we've just found the editor in chief of the new mag
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've thinking the same thing today. There's certainly enough CDP's amps, and headphones out there to fill a monthly magazine.

Hobbies are always generating magazines, and even model railroaders have at least one. Why not us, and the Head-Fi readership probably has the resources and talent to launch a magazine.

Speed the...Mag!

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back