HE-5LE pics
Apr 23, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5Zilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This might be a stupid question but I will ask none the less. I know that the original HE-5 requires high amount of power from the amp in order to reveal true performance. The new HE-5LE is said to be little bit more efficient. Do you think balanced protector will be sufficient enough to power these monsters? Or will it be too silly to even consider this combination?

I plan to drive mine with my RWA Sig. 30.2 and Virtue One, both of which are Tripath-based amplifiers. Another amplifier that should work well is the Winsome Labs Mouse, also a Tripath-based amp.

As both + and - of each channel are driven in this type of amp, they should be a very viable alternative to a fully-balanced amplifier. Of course one would need to make a pigtail adapter to connect the 5LE XLR connector to the speaker terminals, as T-amps have no headphone jack.

Ron

Ron

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are a bit below the schedule. We will ship several orders tomorrow, then ship all rest orders on Monday or Tuesday.

I hope mine gets shipped
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #34 of 48
I dont know if the LE comes with additional plugs as the HE-5 did, but I intend to manufacture a cable with bananas/spades to be able to connect it direct to a power amp.

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #35 of 48
IMO

Of all the current production headphones - HE-5 is perhaps one of the most current demanding headphone - folks are even going with stereo amp to drive this beast. The new LE is only 1 db more efficient - so the difference should be minimal.

I don't think you need a speaker amp to drive this phone - but to make it sing and open up - you need serious power whether from a headphone amp or speaker amp... Woo Audio 5 are serious headphone amps and in my experience all the headphones I tried - from Grado's to Senns and AKGs sounded their best through WA5, I think it had a lot to do with serious power it had, apart from the fact that it is a great tube design.

YMMV

Cheers
Sunil.

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #36 of 48
I can't wait. It's like Christmas, (or Hannukah in April.)

The greatest invention since the napkin (and of course, the fork).

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

We are a bit below the schedule. We will ship several orders tomorrow, then ship all rest orders on Monday or Tuesday.

Any more news on the shipping?

Thanks

May 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #38 of 48
Awaiting shipping. I ordered mine on April 10th. Could you please let me know how much longer is the wait.

Many Thanks.

----------------------- EDIT -------------------------

I just got mine today. I did not get a shipping confirmation. Listening to them since evening. They seem better than HE-5's.

Thanks Fang.

May 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #39 of 48
People should not forget that the wooden HE-5 was already an excellent headphone - in terms of sound quality. A small percent had wood cracking problems ...

May 4, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by sree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awaiting shipping. I ordered mine on April 10th. Could you please let me know how much longer is the wait.

Many Thanks.

----------------------- EDIT -------------------------

I just got mine today. I did not get a shipping confirmation. Listening to them since evening. They seem better than HE-5's.

Thanks Fang.

Great to know you received it. Did you get any email about tracking in your paypal email inbox?

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 4, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #41 of 48
DHL left a ticket on my door today which I am assuming was for my 5LE's. I did not receive any tracking notification either by Paypal or by email. At least they will be re-delivering tomorrow. I surely hated to miss them today. I was even home at the time, but didn't hear any knock on my door.
Ron

May 4, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #42 of 48
I hate when the delivery guys sneak in a ticket on the door when people are home and could sign for the package. It almost seems like a game for them or something. I use a UPS Store mailbox and the problem went away.

May 4, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DHL left a ticket on my door today which I am assuming was for my 5LE's. I did not receive any tracking notification either by Paypal or by email. At least they will be re-delivering tomorrow. I surely hated to miss them today. I was even home at the time, but didn't hear any knock on my door.
Ron

next time call them and complain they will redeliver and leave it at your door without having to sign for it at least they did when they tried to deliver the phoenix i had
wink_face.gif

May 4, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate when the delivery guys sneak in a ticket on the door when people are home and could sign for the package. It almost seems like a game for them or something. I use a UPS Store mailbox and the problem went away.

I get this all the time.

I'm pretty sure UPS has ninjas working for them... I think I caught a glimpse of one sometime ago while I was coming out for a smoke to discover the person ran off with my package.

May 4, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #45 of 48
Quote:

Great to know you received it. Did you get any email about tracking in your paypal email inbox?

I got one today morning saying that package is shipped and I'd get it in 2-3 days. I am glad that I need not wait that long to enjoy the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back