Foobar2000 DSD Playback
Jun 3, 2017 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cossix

Headphoneus Supremus
I was messing around with the Foobar settings and noticed the "DSD" tab is set to PCM. When I change it to DSD, I get no sound. My question is this: If I have the foo_input_sacd component and I play a DSD file, am I actually hearing a representation of what DSD sounds like? I'm afraid I'm missing a step and what I'm hearing may not be DSD. I mean it sounds great but I just want to make sure there isn't anything else I need to do

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #2 of 9
Do not know the answer, but I am very interested in knowing the answer to this.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 9
If you get no sound, your DAC doesn't do DSD then
It's a Modi 2 Uber, although I can't find anywhere that it specifically says DSD is supported, I doubt it would not be able to decode that. All I can find is 24/192 is the highest it'll go.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 9
That's why you get no sound. Buy a DSD capable DAC such as Chord Mojo then you will get sound with DSD output mode

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 9
Schiit only made one product that did dsd and that was the Loki none of there other stuff will and will not ever so says Jason.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Schiit only made one product that did dsd and that was the Loki none of there other stuff will and will not ever so says Jason.

The Loki is discontinued too. You don't exact need DSD, and to be quite honest, from your inventory list I don't think you should be paying extra money for DSD (in the case that you are). That money is best spent elsewhere.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 9
You can use the SACD plugin or the DSD converter to convert DSD to PCM on your computer and output as PCM, if you want to listen to the files.

Jun 4, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 9
The Loki is discontinued too. You don't exact need DSD, and to be quite honest, from your inventory list I don't think you should be paying extra money for DSD (in the case that you are). That money is besut spent elsewhere.

I don't necessarily pay for my DSD :wink: But thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back