Final Fantasy VII Remake
Jun 13, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 66
Yep, totally picking this one up alright. I bawled my eyes out after playing Crisis Core.... :sob::sob::sob::sob: Zack why you have to go....

Jun 13, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 66
Jun 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #6 of 66
When I saw the lovely intro with the flower girl, and the zooming out to show the city, I was awestruck with emotion. It does enhance the feel of the original with the added details. I love the original score of the music tracks as well. It's one of those games that's nostalgic. I think these old games when the graphic capabilities weren't so good had great character design and art.

It would be interesting to see Chrono Trigger remastering.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 66
When I saw the lovely intro with the flower girl, and the zooming out to show the city, I was awestruck with emotion. It does enhance the feel of the original with the added details. I love the original score of the music tracks as well. It's one of those games that's nostalgic. I think these old games when the graphic capabilities weren't so good had great character design and art.

It would be interesting to see Chrono Trigger remastering.

Hopefully, the Remake will land on the Switch some day ... Chrono Trigger, too.

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 66
Its been confirmed that it was an episodic release and by the sounds of it, it'll be a while for the second part but its also been very much expanded to make each part a full game in themselves.

https://www.gamesradar.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-midgar-only

I remember the Midgar piece being fairly long if you look the time to play it so It not much of a worry.

Since the game came out in 1997 though I still hope they can get all the part out before its celebrating its 30th Birthday :)

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #9 of 66
Since the game came out in 1997 though I still hope they can get all the part out before its celebrating its 30th Birthday :)
Can't believe it's been that long. This is the original opening. It was great for what it was back in the days, but looking at it again, it hasn't aged too well. The remake does look tons better.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #10 of 66
I remember back in the day how good it looked, but now it just doesn't hold up as well as I expected. Though the gameplay seemed to hold up fairly well considering it was typical enough to the JRPG style. Also yeah, a switch release would be nice.

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #11 of 66
If FF7 remake is successful. Sqaure-Enix mention that they wanted to remake other titles!!

Lets all hope it dose very well and a mega hit!

Looking forward to;

Chrono Trigger REMAKE !
FF6 REMAKE
FF Tactics REMAKE
Star Ocean 2 REMAKE!
Terranigma REMAKE !

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #12 of 66
If FF7 remake is successful. Sqaure-Enix mention that they wanted to remake other titles!!

Looking forward to;

Chrono Trigger REMAKE !
FF6 REMAKE
FF Tactics REMAKE
Star Ocean 2 REMAKE!
Terranigma REMAKE !
You just listed all of my fav JRPGs from the golden era (well, except Start Ocean)! FF7 makes sense to transition to more refined, high def graphics since original was in polygon, but for the rest, they were sprites from SNES era. For those if they can do hyper detailed anime type 2d graphics, that would be more suited. They are more cartoony, so it will be difficult to transition to 3d, and keep the original spirit.

Like Chrono Trigger for example should keep Akira Toriyama's art style like Dragonball game series. I think Chrono Trigger was his best game character designs.

I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan, and I hope they can get such a detailed treatment in graphics and computer animations.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #13 of 66
You just listed all of my fav JRPGs from the golden era (well, except Start Ocean)! FF7 makes sense to transition to more refined, high def graphics since original was in polygon, but for the rest, they were sprites from SNES era. For those if they can do hyper detailed anime type 2d graphics, that would be more suited. They are more cartoony, so it will be difficult to transition to 3d, and keep the original spirit.

I'm a huge Metal Gear Solid fan, and I hope they can get such a detailed treatment in graphics and computer animations.

No doubt that FF7 deserves the remake the most! I was around. I played it and beaten it maybe 50x :) Master it!
Im a JRPG fan played about 27 titles. Beaten them all.

But wait a minute lol. Star Ocean is sick! StarOcean 1 was on Snes game! Star-ocean 2 was a legendary title. Starocean 2 needs a remake still.

Only Square-Enix titles thou...

Metal gear 1 is great. But I consider Metal gear 3 a masterpiece. But Konami and kojima are not in good terms ATM.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #14 of 66

Looking forward to;

Chrono Trigger REMAKE !
FF6 REMAKE
FF Tactics REMAKE
Star Ocean 2 REMAKE!
Terranigma REMAKE !

If only they would remake Xenogears!!!! And do the full complete game this time!!! That and this FFVII remake would trounce pretty much any newer games in the excitement and giddyish factor for me! I just don't get excited for the new games now a days; far too many disappointments over the past decade and a half. I've been waiting for the FFVII remake since the release of 13, I think it was, where the fan who won the themed PS3 and got to talk to one of the creators, I think it was Tetsuya Nomura, and simply asked to please remake FFVII!

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #15 of 66
If only they would remake Xenogears!

Ha you speaking my language now! The greatest JRPG game, story, combat, of all time! They wouldn't dare!

Even cloud knows better!
hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back