Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 13, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #4,921 of 4,965
Hahaha, that's how I felt after replacing mine. If my wife didn't assist me in holding the cups, it would be even more nerve-wracking for me. :)
But Jose said that after a few changes, you can get a grip, and it will be a smoother job.

So you are on your second change...it should be a bit easier. :)
You got your wife to help you? Oh come on. 😂

May 14, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #4,922 of 4,965
FWIW, I found replacing my D8K's F pads with G pads was the most difficult pad swap I ever did. That's for two reason (the first is weird):
  1. These earpads have the foam inner ring kind of loosely rolled into the pad's fabric, the dimensions of which seem wider than usual. Jostling & stretching the pads (as one has to do) can de-center the foam ring, so that the entire pad warps
  2. The amt of thin polyester pad fabric that goes behind that metal guide is more than any other pad I've seen, probably 1/2" to 3/4" of fabric. So the pad, once installed, can be moved around and too readily repositioned against the earcup. Given that the damping system of the D8K utilizes the entire earpad, fabric and foam alike, this imprecision is kind of alarming. I ended up quite unsure I had the pads just so against the earpads.
It's nerve-wracking. I'm looking forward to hearing the H pads, but kind of dreading installing them (and I've installed pads dozens of times on other headphones).
I agree, I had to remove my G pads for the H pads and I tore a little seam of it. Its actually part of the reason I do not want to change pads anymore, if they were easier, I would just try on different pads every week. If I tore the H pads, its going to be difficult to replace them.

May 23, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #4,924 of 4,965
I want more padding on my D8K Pro headband, would anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

May 23, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #4,925 of 4,965
I want more padding on my D8K Pro headband, would anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
Absolutely. The ZMF crescent strap leather headband. It is excellent. I use one personally.
IMG_7701.jpeg

May 23, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #4,926 of 4,965
May 24, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #4,929 of 4,965
Hi,

Has anyone here attempted to disassemble a pair of Final D8000?

I had an issue where the sound was dropping out on 1 side, and now the driver does not function at all. I have asked A2A to have them fixed and they said the fee was $4000 - which is a non starter for me.

I have removed the 5 t6 screws in the earcup, however it feels like the inner and outer plates are locked together and I'm not sure how to open it up without using excessive force.

If anyone has opened these up can they please let me know as it would be great to resurrect them again!

May 24, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #4,930 of 4,965
Hi,

I had an issue where the sound was dropping out on 1 side, and now the driver does not function at all. I have asked A2A to have them fixed and they said the fee was $4000 - which is a non starter for me.

I have removed the 5 t6 screws in the earcup, however it feels like the inner and outer plates are locked together and I'm not sure how to open it up without using excessive force.

If anyone has opened these up can they please let me know as it would be great to resurrect them again!
I would give asking Final directly a shot.

I once had issues with my XBA-Z5 and Sony offered me a new pair for 50% discount. I heard Hifiman does the same thing with >80% discount.

I once had issues with my Moondrop KATO and i just received a new pair for free (without the need of shipping the old one back).

4000$ is totally out of question

May 24, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #4,931 of 4,965
I would give asking Final directly a shot.

I once had issues with my XBA-Z5 and Sony offered me a new pair for 50% discount. I heard Hifiman does the same thing with >80% discount.

I once had issues with my Moondrop KATO and i just received a new pair for free (without the need of shipping the old one back).

4000$ is totally out of question
The $4000 quote was from final via the local Australian importer.

When I contacted final directly from their web page they never replied.

Cheers

May 24, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #4,932 of 4,965
Hi,

Final has designed the D-8000 to be incredibly serviceable by having separate and replaceable parts. However I think you gotta go to Final directly. Whatever country your in you gotta ask the dealer for final to contact them directly. If you try to send them an email for service request they will not contact you. Final’s direct customer service is very disappointing to me. I’ve tried many times to try and contact them and with pretty basic questions I might add, but they never once got back to me.
From my experience you gotta go through a middle man to contact them.
I hope others here can maybe prove me wrong?
Anyhow. Try contacting your Final Audio dealer/distributor.
Also. Please maybe let us know for sure in the future if this process works. ✌️

May 24, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #4,933 of 4,965
Final has designed the D-8000 to be incredibly serviceable by having separate and replaceable parts. However I think you gotta go to Final directly. Whatever country your in you gotta ask the dealer for final to contact them directly. If you try to send them an email for service request they will not contact you. Final’s direct customer service is very disappointing to me. I’ve tried many times to try and contact them and with pretty basic questions I might add, but they never once got back to me.
From my experience you gotta go through a middle man to contact them.
I hope others here can maybe prove me wrong?
Anyhow. Try contacting your Final Audio dealer/distributor.
Also. Please maybe let us know for sure in the future if this process works. ✌️
Cheers - final didn't reply.

I finally opened the headphones however the connection between the planar driver and cable input has been damaged - looks too fragile to be re soldered sadly.

May 24, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #4,934 of 4,965
I had a problem where my left driver stopped working and I contacted Final audio in the USA. I shipped it to them and they shipped it to Japan. They won’t replace one driver as they say they both have to match sonically. It was $1900 with the two year warranty. They actually ended up giving me a new headband as well.

The funny thing is I bought it used originally for $1800. So the original price and the repair price ended up being as if I bought a new pair, and technically I did since it was all new plus the warranty.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #4,935 of 4,965
I had a problem where my left driver stopped working and I contacted Final audio in the USA. I shipped it to them and they shipped it to Japan. They won’t replace one driver as they say they both have to match sonically. It was $1900 with the two year warranty. They actually ended up giving me a new headband as well.

The funny thing is I bought it used originally for $1800. So the original price and the repair price ended up being as if I bought a new pair, and technically I did since it was all new plus the warranty.
Would be tempted if they offered me the same price! Sadly not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back