FiiO K5 || FiiO's docking desktop amp
Dec 11, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #16 of 744
1. Able to use with FiiO music players, such as X7

2. When connecting to computer, X7 can work as a DAC; While connecting X7 to the Dock separately, it’s the X7’s lineout signal goes to the Dock.

3. Suitable for high impedance headphones

4. The Dock can be used as a charger as well as exchanging data with X7

5. Balanced Lineout is available when combine with X7

You just convinced me to wait for the X7 - the dock will make it convenient to use on a desktop system instead of a line out or digital cable running out the top and then I have to set the player down on the table.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #17 of 744
Poll updated :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #18 of 744
Poll updated
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Joe, just really, really curious...is there any way to have a USB slot on it that can work with external storage? If that can be done I'd rather have that over a USB-B input for using DAPs as docked DACs for a computer.

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #19 of 744
Poll updated :)

Hi Joe, just really, really curious...is there any way to have a USB slot on it that can work with external storage? If that can be done I'd rather have that over a USB-B input for using DAPs as docked DACs for a computer.

I can't say I quite understand the question. USB slot that works with external storage... wouldn't that make the E09S into a DAP in its own right (a reduplication of effort we can't possibly afford?) :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 19, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #20 of 744
I can't say I quite understand the question. USB slot that works with external storage... wouldn't that make the E09S into a DAP in its own right (a reduplication of effort we can't possibly afford?)
redface.gif

Oh I meant that the dock would have another USB port just for a 2.5in HDD or flash drive, then when the player docks on it, the X1/3/5/7 can access the contents of the DAP. Kind of like those Androids and iOS devices that they hook up into a powered USB hub along with the DAC and HDD, but proprietary and less complicated (and no guesswork involved).

When I asked though I totally forgot about the X5 having two microSD slots already 
redface.gif

Jan 2, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #25 of 744
Okay... while I understand that micro-USB does open the doors to better compatibility with many more devices, there's one huge issue looming: broken connectors.

It's bound to happen, micro-USB is one of the most fragile connector in the world today. Good for compatibility, bad for durability.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #28 of 744
Just another idea - instead of an Aux Input into the dock (which I don't see being useful since one would use this dock with a DAP anyway), any chance of getting a preamp output instead, and the built-in amp circuit would be designed for IEMs and low impedance headphones? That way those who don't use demanding headphones will use just the dock, and then there's the Line Out (Bal and SE) for a mor powerful amp if necessary for certain headphones, and then if one has active speakers then this dock provides a convenient volume control as well. It will basically make the X7 and dock the central hub of the audio system/s.

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #30 of 744
I can't say I quite understand the question. USB slot that works with external storage... wouldn't that make the E09S into a DAP in its own right (a reduplication of effort we can't possibly afford?)
redface.gif

i think joe its bussy right now with the x5ii, and he forget about the e09s how sad 
confused_face(1).gif
 i hope soon we have news 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back